The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Director, Asset Management for our Technology department. This position is based in our Reston, VA office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused, not-for-profit membership organization that believes in promoting innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. Our members include more than 6,000 of the world’s leading colleges, schools, and other educational organizations. We have over 1,900 employees in 13 offices across the continental U.S. and Puerto Rico.
We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
About the role
The Senior Director, Asset Management is accountable for establishing product and service engineering teams responsible for delivering value to the internal marketplace. Employing principles of Agile, continuous delivery and flexible sourcing, the Sr Director will manage engineering teams comprised of employees and consultants to develop and evolve the practice. Each team consists of 5-9 engineers.
The Senior Director must apply their strong management and leadership skills to rally teams around a common vision. He or she will possess a unique blend of business and technology depth and savvy, have a keen strategic perspective, be operationally astute, and maintain an executive presence with excellent relationship management skills.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Develop, evangelize, and educate future capabilities, strategy, and goals
- Plan and oversee engineering teams’ progress towards your vision
- Foster an inclusive environment that values differences and creates a sense of belonging and appreciation for team members, as well as a culture of trust and transparency
- Develop the policies, strategies in the areas of configuration, change, release, financial, vendor and capacity management as well audit compliance
- Develop the policies, strategies, and plans to manage physical inventory (receiving, tracking and disposal)
- Develop strategies and processes to perform required inventories and produce evidence of ownership and license compliance
- Responsible for the full ITAM and CMDB lifecycle management of all assets.
- Collaborate with other capability areas to ensure the Software Management related processes are being adhered to and in compliance with industry standards and best practices
- Execute on identified initiatives to maximize operating performance
- Participate in business case development, capital investment planning, and asset strategies
- Provide requirements in support of the development of a centralized CMDB
- Hold regular compliance reviews with all relevant stakeholders
- Evangelize ITAM and CMDB across all areas of the organization
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging services, technologies, industry, and market trends to assess impacts on, and opportunities for new strategy and direction
Qualifications needed for the role
- Minimum of 7 years engineering management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience facilitating agile teams/li>
- Experience facilitating agile teams
Preferred skills for the role
- Proven ability to achieve results through others and without direct control
- Quick study with the agility, flexibility, and desire to adapt to new methods and situations; innovative and curious
- A change leader and developer of talent; collaborative and inclusive
- Proven planning experience that leverages working knowledge of business strategy in developing integrated operating plans and goal setting
- Skilled application of metrics and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Proven ability to resolve conflicts with positive outcomes
- Analyze and assess the quality, cost, and operational efficiency
- Manage budgets, staffing, recruitment, development, and performance management
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
College Board is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.