Supply Chain Management Manager
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Supply Chain Management Manager for our Operations department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused, not-for-profit membership organization that believes in promoting innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. Our members include more than 6,000 of the world’s leading colleges, schools, and other educational organizations. We have over 1,900 employees in 13 offices across the continental U.S. and Puerto Rico.
We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
About the Role
College Board is in the process of standing up a Supply Chain Management and Material Planning function and is looking for an experienced, hands-on expert to build out and document the processes used by the function. The Supply Chain Management function includes: defining and managing the SCM process and tools including the new Order Management tool that contains College Board business logic rules as well as the Bills of Materials (BOMs) for order fulfillment; managing inventory levels of test and non-test publications across various suppliers to ensure their ability to meet target fulfillment levels across the various College Board assessments; owning the College Board’s SCM function that manages the print and fulfillment of the College Board’s multiple assessments; and defining and implementing the vision and roadmap for expanding the College Board’s SCM function across programs/products. The Supply Chain Manager will design processes that work across the organization to gather demand requirements and using robust analytics to calculate target requirements for the thousands of publications that the College Board delivers to schools and test centers globally. The Supply Chain Manager will play a key role in the ongoing transformation of the College Board Supply Chain – providing a broad and deep functional perspective as the organization matures the in-house Supply Chain Management which will provide flexibility to source our print and fulfillment needs to a variety of best-in-class providers.
This expert will play a critical role in the installation and configuration of a set of planning and order-management tools that will drive the future College Board supply chain management function The position will report to the Senior Director, SCM and will collaborate closely with Pubs, Logistics, Quality, Strategy, Finance, Assessment Business Process Owners (BPOs), and Change Management teams.
Responsibilities of the role
- Establishing and documenting supply planning processes that ensure generation of accurate supply plans for hundreds of publications – ensuring zero test day stock-outs
- Support the standing up of Oracle demand and supply planning suite of software to replace existing legacy planning processes
- Working with publications and logistics teams to define BOM development processes that ensure hundreds of Bills of Material (BOMs) are input correctly into the system, maintained, and are available for planning and analysis
- Establishing a robust demand management process – including working closely with College Readiness Assessment team, Finance and other staff to ensure best available information is included in demand estimates
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff and ensuring they continue to develop functionally as well as professionally
- Applying Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process best practices to a College Board setting
- Working closely with Quality team to ensure process and data set integrity
- Working closely with the digital operations and other teams to manage a subset of assessment BoMs
- Developing processes and managing systematic transition of BOMs from one administration to the next
- Consistently meet timelines that ensure sufficient production time is available between forecasts and fulfillment
- Ensuring open communications with publications team, especially around development of demand forecasts and tracking of in-production pubs
Qualifications needed for the role
- BA/BS Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experiences required
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in operations planning
- Strong operations data analyses and reporting experience required
- Experience in managing Supply Chain planning processes required
- Experience with Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) tools required
- Experience with the operational aspects of shipping and logistics preferred
- Experience in a high-volume data and transaction intensive processing operation is preferred.
- Experience developing and monitoring performance metrics is preferred.
Preferred skills for the role
- Experience with Oracle Demand and Supply planning suite of tools a plus
- Ability to improve processes with a disciplined approach. Six Sigma skills a plus.
- Ability to create reports and spreadsheets
- Ability to manage cross functional projects
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Well organized; good sense of priorities, attention to details, accuracy and follow-through
- Computer literacy, including experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to interact with senior level staff in various College Board departments
- Analytical thinking and structured problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills (writing, speaking, presentation)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational, time & task management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel as needed (<10%)
- Flexibility and desire to quickly adapt to new methods, situations, and various requirements
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
College Board is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.