Senior Director, Digital Products
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Director, Digital Products for our SpringBoard department. This position is based in our New York City office; Washington, DC, Reston, VA office and remote work arrangements would be considered for qualified candidates.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused not-for-profit membership organization that believes in promoting innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. Our members include more than 6,000 of the world’s leading colleges and universities, schools, and other educational organizations. We have over 1,900 employees in 13 offices across the continental U.S. and Puerto Rico.
We are advocates for children and parents, we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services—the SAT®, Advanced Placement® (AP®) and Pre-AP® are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: college readiness, college connection and success, student opportunities, and advocacy.
About the Role
The Senior Director is responsible for leading digital product strategy and feature implementation for College Board’s SpringBoard Digital, to both encourage product growth in key markets and support retention among existing customers, as well as shared product components in support of Pre-AP Classroom. The ideal candidate has proven success leading the full digital product development lifecycle, including user research, solution development, feature validation, and delivery of innovative, impactful K-12 digital classroom products at scale. The candidate should bring strong knowledge of key educational technology concepts and products, common school district implementation models, and Agile product development best practices.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Develop a multi-year strategic product vision that drives digital product adoption, renewal, and customer satisfaction, including a comprehensive set of external feature milestones to create an annual feature implementation plan
- Define and execute a robust market and user research plan to identify unmet user/market needs, new product feature opportunities, and validate efficacy of current product components
- Lead a cross-functional team to design, develop, and launch new features: define customer needs, develop solution design and architecture, test and iterate to ensure concept validity, manage and prioritize product backlog, and oversee development execution to ensure quality of work
- Collaborate closely with Content, Instruction, and Assessment (CIA) team to solution how digital product experience enhances instructional content, assessments, and data reporting, as well as develop, refine, and implement changes to content management system to facilitate scalable digital content delivery
- Maintain and grow relationships with key external users through regular engagement on user needs and new features
- Collaborate with third-party integrated partner applications to optimize user experience and customer value
- Lead product communications, including providing formal and informal reporting to Product and Program Leadership, as well as communications to internal and external product stakeholders, such as team members, customers and consultant trainers.
- Present regularly at user-facing events, such as conferences and user groups, to support implementation and evangelize the product/program
Qualifications Needed for the Role
- You possess 8-10 years of experience and a track record of success in a combination of digital product development (required), digital product management (required), education technology, or assessment/curriculum development.
- You are experienced in collecting stakeholder feedback and prioritizing projects within short and long term company goals
- You know how to communicate with stakeholders, as well as working closely with a team of engineers
- You are experienced in setting and executing on a product backlog, balancing innovation, maintenance and support
- You are experienced working with Agile development teams
Preferred skills for the role
- You are strongly committed to expanding educational opportunity.
- You possess the ability to design for simplicity. You are at your best untangling and simplifying complex problems.
- You are a self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments. You have experience moving major projects forward with minimal oversight, and can adapt to new information, situations, or challenges with minimal guidance.
- You like a challenge, and thrive when thinking creatively and devising fresh approaches to tough business and operational problems.
- You are highly detailed oriented and thorough in your analyses. You make decisions based on sound evidence and logic, and can develop the frameworks necessary to convey your thought processes.
- You communicate clearly and compellingly about your analyses, insights, and recommendations, and know how to target your presentation style, written or oral, to different audiences.
- You have a record of building strong relationships with collaborators across an organization and external partners. You can leverage their strengths and resources in strategic ways.
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
To clear a path for all students to own their future.
College Board is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.