Market Strategy Analyst
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Analyst, Market Strategy for our Springboard and Pre-Advanced Placement (Pre-AP) program. This position can be based in New York City, Reston, VA or via remote work arrangement.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused, not-for-profit membership organization that believes in promoting innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. Our members include more than 6,000 of the world’s leading colleges, schools, and other educational organizations. We have over 1,900 employees in 13 offices across the continental U.S. and Puerto Rico.
We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy
SpringBoard is the College Board’s comprehensive instructional program in English Language Arts and Mathematics for all students in grades 6-12. Developed by teachers, for teachers, SpringBoard offers research-based instructional strategies and practices that provide a clear road map forward and helps students take ownership of and accountability for their own learning. SpringBoard is in complete alignment with state standards, Advanced Placement® (AP®) coursework, and the SAT® Suite of Assessments.
Pre-AP offers focused course frameworks and instructional materials, assessment, and professional learning to schools that are interested in earning an official Pre-AP designation from the College Board. The Pre-AP Program offers consistent, high standards in focused courses that help build, strengthen, and reinforce students’ content knowledge and skills. Pre-AP courses are designed to get students ready for AP and other college-level coursework.
About the role
The Senior Analyst, Market Strategy will be responsible for supporting the development of data driven data-driven, actionable, and insightful strategic business recommendations, funding and sales opportunities resulting in increased numbers of students reached by the two programs in support of positive and equitable outcomes. This support will primarily be focused on data analytics using various tools (i.e. Excel, Stat tools, Tableau, BI, etc.).
Responsibilities of the role
- Through data analytics and research, support the development of fact-based market intelligence, competitor trends synthesis, effective distillation and articulation of insights and recommendations for overall business unit and program strategies.
- Conduct ad-hoc activities based on various drivers to understand impact of decisions on pricing, student reach, and retention. This includes but is not limited to Market Analysis, Market Research, Competitive Analysis, Financial Modeling, and Recommendations with Business Insights.
- Identify and design analytical framework that tests strategic hypotheses.
- Transform raw data and information into usable strategic knowledge.
- Support opportunity assessments, scenario planning, executive facilitation and strategy projects, market intelligence and competitive analysis.
- Support the development and the systematic, ongoing market research and business analytics strategy through to successful implementation.
- Develop and deliver break-through, innovative, Corporate-wide competitive and growth strategies for existing and new business opportunities.
- Support the continued development of organization processes for the management and monitoring of business cases, long term financial and volume models, and program viability.
Qualifications needed for the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Data Analytics, Marketing or related discipline.
- Proven analytical and process improvement skills -Strong Excel, Data Modeling, Visualization and Presentation skills.
- 3-5 years of related experience participating in product strategy and market analytics efforts aimed at identifying and addressing complex product opportunities and challenges. This includes being able to construct addressable sets of analyses and manage the completion of the work to perform the analyses.
- Financial Acumen – strong understanding of creating and tracking business cases, profit and loss / budgeting and Return on Investment (ROI) a plus.
- An excellent communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A problem solver, with excellent judgment and the ability to view issues from multiple perspectives.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and thorough in your analyses.
- Able to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously in a fluid work environment.
- Persuasive and able to target your presentation style, written or oral, to different audiences.
- A self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Highly adaptable to new information, situations, or challenges and can work independently.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
College Board is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.