Director, New Mexico Implementation
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director, New Mexico Implementation in our Operations department. This position is based in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused, not-for-profit membership organization that believes in promoting innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. Our members include more than 6,000 of the world’s leading colleges, schools, and other educational organizations. We have over 1,900 employees in 13 offices across the continental U.S. and Puerto Rico.
We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
About the Role
The Director will be responsible for supporting the New Mexico SAT and PSAT-related assessment implementation onsite at the New Mexico Public Education Department (PED) in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The Director will act as a primary contact for PED and districts, assisting with the implementation, training, and meetings related to the implementation of the assessments. The Director will work closely with our Operational Implementation Team and State and District Partnership teams in support of the New Mexico implementation.
Responsibilities of the role
- Act as SAT and PSAT subject matter expert to provide guidance to PED, districts, and schools.
- Assist Project Manager with coordinating and facilitating all required meetings and other activities including standard setting, etc.
- Respond to district/school inquiries via email and phone providing technical support as needed. Escalate issues to Project Manager or PED as appropriate.
- Develop/contribute to communications for SAT and PSAT-related assessments including email and website content.
- Develop/contribute training materials for SAT, PSAT, and accommodations processes. Lead training sessions as needed.
- Act as the voice of the customer for internal discussions.
- Work closely with the Implementation and Outreach Project Manager to meet project schedule and maintain implementation documentation.
- Assist Project Manager with risk and issue management.
- Communicate formally and informally to stakeholders at all levels, including across PED bureaus.
- Manage wiki site and documentation for internal and external documentation.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Interface with staff across College Board departments with the purpose of coordinating activities and scheduling and collaborating on project work.
- Partner with product management, operations, and IT to deliver on contract requirements.
- Interact regularly, openly, and intensively with New Mexico Public Education Department.
- Interface with College Board Vendors as needed
Qualifications needed for the role
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent.
- Minimum five-seven years related work experience, K-12 educational technology, assessment industry, and/or K-12 School/State/Central office experience highly desired.
- Excellent communications skills - must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing including direct, concise executive communications skills.
- Demonstrated strong project management or assessment implementation experience highly desired.
- Proficient Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in education, testing and/or assessment fields is desired.
- Basic knowledge of SAT Suite of Assessments is preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with schools/districts/PED within New Mexico is preferred.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- A self-starter and take charge individual with the ability to build relationships across
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented. Ability to both lead and participate in collaborative, flexible cross-functional teams.
- Multilingual preferred in Spanish
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible, cooperative work style; ability to re-prioritize as warranted.
- Analytical thinker able to quickly dissect issues and challenges.
- Detail oriented with exceptional problem solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Highly user and customer focused.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- This position will be subject to a background check.
- The College Board is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity and its programs, services and employment policies are guided by that principle.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
College Board is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.