The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Product Manager. This position will be based out of our Reston, VA office, New York City office or via remote work arrangements.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused, not-for-profit membership organization that believes in promoting innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. Our members include more than 6,000 of the world’s leading colleges, schools, and other educational organizations. We have over 1,900 employees in 13 offices across the continental U.S. and Puerto Rico.
We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
About the Role
You will lead the full product development lifecycle, including user research, product vision, solution development, feature validation, and delivery of innovative, impactful products at scale. The candidate should bring strong knowledge of key educational technology concepts and products, relevant K-12 pedagogical approaches, common school district purchase and implementation models, and Agile product development best practices.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Lead product vision, strategy, development, that supports the program goals and brings coherence and consistency across the full product portfolio, driving student success, product adoption, renewal, and customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate and manage the product lifecycle and continuously iterate to improve the product, including prioritization of enhancements, fixes, and modifications.
- Define success metrics for the product, track progress, and build plans to act on analysis.
- Make key design choices, define technical requirements, and ensure that development roadmap stays on track.
- Work with multiple project management teams and several cross functional partners to align roadmaps and requirements to ensure deliverables are meeting business goals.
- Refine and prioritize product backlog; develop requirements, and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure high-quality, on time development.
- Understand the competitive landscape and evaluate market trends to better inform product roadmap.
Qualifications needed for the role
- 7+ years of experience in product management and product development, with experience in education technology, and/or assessment/curriculum development a significant plus
- Played a leadership role in the launch and adoption of a scaled technology product or platform.
- Has experience creating strategic product roadmaps, working with cross-functional teams.
- Able to design for simplicity. You are at your best untangling and simplifying complex problems.
- Likes a challenge and thrives when thinking creatively and devising fresh approaches to tough business and operational problems.
- Able to move projects forward with minimal oversight, and can adapt to new information, situations, or challenges with minimal guidance
- Communicates clearly and compellingly about your analyses, insights, and recommendations, and know how to target your presentation style, written or oral, to different audiences
- Able to influence multiple stakeholders
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
College Board is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status