Senior Data Scientist
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Data Scientist in our Technology Organization. The position will be based out of our Reston, VA office, New York City office, or via remote work arrangements.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused, not-for-profit membership organization that believes in promoting innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. Our members include more than 6,000 of the world’s leading colleges, schools, and other educational organizations. We have over 1,900 employees in 13 offices across the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
About the role
In this role, you’ll develop the next generation of assessments using leading technologies. You’ll work with innovative agile teams’ agile teams using your data science and machine learning skills
Responsibilities of the role
- Problem-solve with product and business teams, advise executive team how to leverage data science
- Use various modeling and machine learning techniques to creatively solve business problems
- Work with a large & growing educational datasets using descriptive statistics and data visualization tools
- Create insights from existing data and drive the collection of new data through instrumentation
- Communicate methodology and results of advanced analyses using accessible language and intuitive data visualizations
- Create reproducible, documented analyses and models that lend themselves to automation
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or required
Qualifications needed for the role
- Master's in a quantitative discipline or computer science, or a Bachelor's and 5-7 years related experience
- Strong experience programming in R and/or Python.
- Experience with TensorFlow/PyTorch, Machine Vision - including video streams, Automated Speech Transcription, and Anomaly Detection
- Experience building/deploying ML models in AWS
- Strong foundation in statistical analysis and machine learning techniques
- Facility with relational, columnar, and NoSQL database systems
- Experience coping nimbly with imperfect data
Preferred skills for the role
- Proven experience in developing machine learning and deep learning systems to solve real world problems
- Passionate about solving difficult problems creatively
- An excellent communicator and listener who helps others understand both problems and solutions
- Someone who knows how to tell a story with their data
- A strong team player who enjoys helping their teammates succeed
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
College Board is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.