DevOps Engineer Intern
The College Board is conducting a search for a DevOps Engineer Intern. This position will be based out of our Reston, VA office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educations, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly of disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the Role
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverables.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): Reston, VA
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid Internship
The internship is within Integration Systems Engineering (ISE) team that is part of IT Infrastructure and Security Department. ISE team is responsible for one of a kind Engineering requests such as DevOps work.
The intern will work with Integration Systems Engineers to build an Enterprise Integration Hub. The intern develop code to create various plugins for this Hub.
What you’ll do
- Design data flows with integration hub/platform (e.g. Apache NiFi, node-RED)
- Extend integration hub with plugins (Java, NodeJS) and work with REST APIs from other platforms
- Contribute to developing a highly available solutions using the latest UI frameworks (ReactJS) and microservices (AWS)
- Interested in working for a mission-oriented, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving education
- Committed to working the entire agreed upon internship period
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering as a rising Junior or Senior or in a Graduate degree program
- Familiarity with cloud computing specially AWS
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to collaborate and rally support
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.