Product Owner Intern
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Product Owner Intern for our Brand Experience department. This position is based in our New York, New York office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverables.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): NYC
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid / Fulltime internship
This position is an exciting opportunity for Product Owner – Intern candidates who are highly motivated to succeed, fast learners, passionate about solving problems and team players. Successful candidates will strong communication skills, the ability to perform structured qualitative and quantitative analysis attention to detail and the ability to learn to resolve complex business problems. This includes the ability to consult with business customers about functional related aspects of design, project delivery and support.
What you’ll do
The Product Owner intern for Brand Experience, CB.org will
- gain hands-on exposure to the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) while working on design and development efforts of CB.Org project.
- participate fully within an agile team and work with the Product Manager and/or Product Owner to help translate business needs into user stories an Agile team can develop.
- Learn about agile methodology in software development practices.
- Work with the Product Owner on an agile team to clearly define and prioritize the team’s backlog items, including writing user stories and establishing acceptance criteria.
- Participate in agile team’s ceremonies such as stand ups, sprint planning, discovery and grooming sessions, etc.
- Communicate with the experience and development team(s) to ensure a consistent and unambiguous understanding of all items in the product backlog so that implementation meets the intent of each requirement.
- Work with the Product Owner on an agile team to produce a Sprint demo and to participate in a sprint retrospective.
- Mission driven — Strongly committed to expanding educational opportunity.
- Inquisitive and solution-oriented— Has a passion for learning and looks to apply new knowledge to practical solutions.
- Master of the details that matter — Pursues excellence rather than perfection, based on a keen understanding of user needs.
- Adapts quickly — Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Get it done attitude — Owns a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Communicator – able to present to executive management often and in a compelling manner that emphasizes the important intersection of business and technology
- Innovative — Moves quickly to a rough-and-ready solution that can be tested against user needs.
- Productive— Well organized, able to multi-task, able to prioritize with minimal direction .
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.