Visual Design Intern
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Visual Design Intern for our Brand Experience department. This position is based in our New York, New York office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverables.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): NYC
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid / Fulltime internship
The Visual Design intern will assist the Brand Experience Creative team on visual solutions across College Board’s print, digital and marketing properties. We are looking for someone who is interested in learning more about the craft of design and interested in trying new things. You will spend time with senior design staff and have the opportunity to learn a wide range of design skills.
What you’ll do
- Develop design solutions for a variety of organizational campaigns and initiatives – this includes print, digital, email, social media, and video.
- Collaborate with colleagues on the implementation and expression of the College Board brand across marketing, operational, and product development initiatives.
- Support senior staff on various omni-channel projects.
- A portfolio of visual work included in your application.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and in a UI design software such as Sketch, Framer, etc.
- A willingness to learn and a passion for design in a variety of mediums
- A self-driven attitude with an excellent work ethic
- Proficiency in working with animation/motion graphics is a plus but not required.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.