Strategic Initiatives, Digital Transformation Intern
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Strategic Initiatives, Digital Transformation Intern for our Advance Placement, Digital Transformation department. This position is based in our New York, New York office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverables.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): New York, NY
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid / Fulltime internship
The Digital Transformation groups leads the transition of high stakes assessments like the SAT to a digital delivery platform. This new group’s scope of work includes digital product management for several assessments, item bank management, and relationship management with various digital/assessment content partners.
The Intern, Digital Transformation will support key strategic initiatives for digital assessments across the SAT Suite of Assessments (SAT and the PSAT-related assessments). Reporting to the Associate Director, Digital Product Management, this individual will support research, marketing, recruiting and communications efforts related to transforming the way we deliver digital assessments today.
What You'll Do
- Support Research, Operations and User Experience in recruitment for digital research studies or pilots
- Support development of communications strategy and collateral for student and educator audiences
- Conduct Competitor Analysis to assist the digital team in making key product and marketing strategy decisions, as needed
- Provide data entry, User Acceptance Testing, and other operational support to a digital proctoring experience
- Assist in reviewing training and marketing materials and messaging to enable faster adoption of digital assessments
- Track and manage progress on key projects and provide timely updates to stakeholders across Research, Product Management and User Experience teams
- Present key research findings to internal stakeholders including Senior Director, Digital Product Management
- Interest in working for a mission-oriented, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving education
- Committed to working the entire agreed upon internship period
- Current junior or rising senior enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s degree program
- Proficient with Microsoft Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Desire to learn, explore and be challenged
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and work independently to attain goals
- Strong work ethic, high energy level and enthusiasm
- Experience in education, non-profit, testing and/or assessment fields desirable
If you are interested in an Internship at the College Board and you meet our qualifications, please apply by visiting our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers. Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required.