Strategic Communications & Marketing Intern
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Strategic Communications & Marketing Intern for our Communication department. This position is based in our New York, NY office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverables.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): New York, NY
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid / Full-time internship
The Communications team is responsible for developing messaging materials for the organization, and provides news, information about College Board programs and services to our employees, our membership, and external audiences. The team manages all media inquiries and communications with outlets.
The College Board Communications department seeks a dynamic, self-starter to work on a variety of marketing, communications, and reporting efforts. This internship will give the candidate the chance to tackle both quantitative and qualitative projects that support the College Board’s overall messaging strategy.
What you’ll do
- Create and update reports to analyze email, website, and advertising engagement metrics
- Draft copy for social media posts, push notifications, and other digital ads
- Research industry trends and new distribution channels/platforms
- Help maintain and update an editorial calendar of communications and marketing activities
- Interest in working for a mission-oriented, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving education
- Committed to working the entire agreed upon internship period
- Strong research, writing, organizational, creative and analytical skills
- Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) proficient
- Experience with analytical tools, such as Microsoft PowerBI, Adobe Analytics, and Salesforce preferred. If you haven’t worked with these tools before, you just need a willingness to learn them!
If you are interested in an Internship at the College Board and you meet our qualifications, please apply by visiting our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers. Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required.