Accuplacer Reading Test Intern
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an ACCUPLACER Reading Test Intern for Assessment Design and Development our department. This position is based in our New York, NY office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the Role
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverable.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (10-week program)
- Location(s): New York, NY
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid / Full-time internship
Are you interested in learning about educational assessment? Are you committed to introducing a diverse population of post secondary students to compelling excerpts of fiction and to topics in the humanities and history/social studies that will engage and inspire them?
If so, consider this summer internship with the College Board’s ACCUPLACER team in the Assessment Design and Development department.
What you’ll do
The primary responsibilities of the intern will be to contribute to the development of the ACCUPLACER Reading Test by:
- Finding usable excerpts (passages) for testing from published works representing a variety of content areas—including fiction, humanities, and history/social studies
- Authoring items that assess reading skills in various domains (information and ideas, rhetoric, synthesis, and vocabulary)
- Helping to develop a schedule for ongoing content development for the Reading Tes
- Strong research and writing skills
- Comfort with receiving and responding to constructive feedback
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Proficiency with internet and research database search tools (e.g., EBSCOhost)
- A desire to learn, explore, and be challenged in a mission-driven organization
- A commitment to working the entire agreed-upon internship period
The intern should be a graduate student in literary studies, English education, or a related field.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.