Financial Planning & Analysis Intern
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Financial Planning & Analysis- Intern for our Finance department. This position is based in our New York, NY office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the College Board
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverable.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): Reston, VA
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid / Fulltime internship
The Financial Planning and Analysis team within College Board drives the budgeting, forecasting and financial analyses across the organization.
This individual will support various aspects of the FP&A team’s work, including supporting one of our quarterly forecasts, the prep and roll out of the annual budget process and monthly analyses. The intern will help with the monthly financial dashboard and will learn the basics of our FP&A system, creating reports and other sheets. The intern will also conduct ad hoc analysis and provide logistical support as needed.
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educations, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
What you’ll do
- Conduct monthly financial analysis, highlighting key takeaways and generate a dashboard for executive review
- Support the preparation of materials for the forecast and budget processes, including making presentation materials, aggregating focus areas by division, calendar creation, etc.
- Listen to Quarterly Performance Meetings and other meetings; take notes on key follow up items and support follow-ups
- Support expense analysis and tagging projects.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses, prepare reports in Adaptive and Excel
- Interest in working for a mission-oriented, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving education
- Committed to working the entire agreed upon internship period
- Knowledge of finance and accounting concepts
- Microsoft Excel and PPT skills
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.