Market Insights Intern
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Market Insights Intern for our Learning, Evaluation, and Research Division department. This position is based in our New York, NY office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the College Board
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverable.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): New York, NY
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid / Full time internship
The Market Insights department sits in the Learning, Evaluation, and Research Division at the College Board. The primary role of the Market Insights team is to develop, execute, and analyze market research that supports and drives organizational strategy and program development across the College Board.
The Market Insights Intern will serve internal clients with both custom and longitudinal data collection projects, tracking trends and opinions across populations of students, secondary educators, counselors, Higher Ed professionals, and other influencers. The Market Insights intern will develop data collection instruments and fieldwork procedures, and participate in data collection and analysis of results.
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively with supervisor and Market Insights team to conduct all phases of data collection including: development of questionnaires, instruments or protocols; item development and testing; survey programming, sample design and list management; recruitment and screening of participants; field procedures; data quality; and other administrative tasks associated with carrying out a successful project.
- Analyze data, interpret data, and identify patterns from constituent research.
- Use market research or statistical software to manage and analyze quantitative data sets; including variable creation, data cleaning and recoding, and translating data from one program to another.
- Analyze qualitative data
- Prepare descriptive and analytical reports and presentations of survey results.
- Develop and maintain data security and confidentiality procedures.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- You must be a current Junior or rising Senior enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree program; graduate student preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is preferred
- Desire to learn, explore and be challenged
- Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Willingness to learn survey design and analysis techniques
- Basic data analysis and reporting skills
- Experience with survey tools, such as Qualtrics and SurveyGizmo a plus
- Experience moderating focus groups or conducting in-depth interviews a plus
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.