Design Research Intern
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Design Research- Intern for our Research department. This position is based in our New York, NY office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the Role
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverable.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): New York, NY
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid / Full-time internship
In Design Research we partner with decision makers to insure accurate, relevant and thorough, understandings of our users in order to inform and validate design decisions.
As a design researcher this person will work with our users as well as data sets that represent our user to understand them to inform and validate our design decisions.
What you’ll do
- Analyze web analytics data, survey responses and other forms of aggregated user data
- Interview research participants (students, parents and education professionals)
- Work with your design team to understand what they need to know about our users
- Give presentations to communicate findings of your research
- Design and set up and research activities
- Interest in working for a mission-oriented, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving education
- Committed to working the entire agreed upon internship period
- Experience with data analysis, ideally web analytics and survey data
- Experience with direct forms of user research: interviews, focus groups, contextual inquiry sessions, etc.
- Comfort and confidence working in a collaborative, creative group setting
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.