Direct Marketing Intern
The College Board is conducting a search for a Direct Marketing Intern. This role is based out of our New York City headquarters.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educations, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly of disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverables.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): New York, NY
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid / Full time internship
The Direct Marketing team at the College Board creates and executes campaigns to introduce and engage students, parents, and educators with our resources and tools that help students on their path to college and career.
About the role
This role will be a part of a team that works to advance our mission of clearing a path for students to own their future by guiding students and parents through an online journey from college search and career exploration to scholarships, financial aid, and college applications. The successful applicant will work with the team to draft and refine engaging content for email, text, social media and other channels. They will also analyze how our campaigns perform and work with the team to identify optimizations that will make those campaigns even stronger.
What you’ll do
- Write compelling email copy for students and parents that will drive them to take action
- Develop a social media campaign to introduce students and parents to our college planning tools
- Create a social media content calendar that engages our current followers and brings in new audience members
- Analyze campaign performance and provide recommendations based on what your insights
- Brainstorm creative, new marketing tactics to reach our target audiences
- Passion for writing with examples of compelling copy you’re created before
- Analytical mind with an interest in understanding campaign data and using that data to form insights
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and an interest in learning about new technologies
- Interest in working for a mission-oriented, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving education
- Committed to working the entire agreed upon internship period
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.