College & Career Access Marketing & Communications, Digital Products - Intern
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a College & Career Access Marketing & Communications, Digital Products - Intern for our College & Career Access department. This position is based in our New York, New York office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the Role
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverable.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): New York Office
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid / Full time internship
The College Board's College and Career Access (CCA) division works to propel students toward success in college and careers together with our partners in K–12 and higher education and to break down barriers that stand in their way. One of CCA's products, ACCUPLACER, is a series of online assessments that evaluate students’ skills in reading, writing, and math to help college administrators place them in courses that match their skills. ACCUPLACER results provides advisers and counselors additional factors to determine a student’s abilities for appropriate course placement to ensure success.
The College Board's CCA division is seeking an energetic, responsible intern to support the work of the ACCUPLACER team. The successful candidate will be enrolled full-time in an accredited 2- or 4-year college or university majoring in marketing, education or a related subject area. The individual will work alongside a high performing team at one of the nation's leading education organizations, gaining in-depth knowledge of post secondary issues related to assessment, course placement and developmental education reform. The intern will assist the gathering and analysis of information and research to aid in the development of materials to recruit, on-board and train new customers, and to provide technical assistance and sharing of best practices for existing customers. The intern will also research optimal ways and messaging to reach students on the uses and benefits CCA tools provide.
What you’ll do
- Developing and implementing creative strategies to recruit new ACCUPLACER customers and engage students
- Researching innovative ideas for training and professional development
- Conducting peer (i.e. other organization interns) conversations on how to best reach customers in their work to helping students
- Developing engaging training materials
- Planning and preparing for in-person and virtual training
- Tracking and reporting customer participation in training and professional development events
- Assist in developing post- campaign customer satisfaction surveys, analyzing data, and reporting results
- Assessing data to make recommendations to inform future work
- Interest in working for a mission-oriented, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving education
- Committed to working the entire agreed upon internship period
- Ability to handle and prioritize simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to conduct web searches to gather, consolidate and synthesize market information
- Ability to communicate effectively, in written and oral form
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Comfortable preparing for and presenting oral presentations
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.