AP Program Management Intern
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an AP Program Management Intern for our Advance Placement department. This position is based in our New York, New York office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the Role
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverables.
Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
Duration: (8-10-week program)
Location(s): New York Office
Start-date: June 1, 2020
End-date: July 31, 2020
Paid / Full time internship
AP® is a rigorous academic program built on the commitment, passion and hard work of students and educators from secondary schools and higher education. With 38 courses in a wide variety of subject areas, AP provides willing and academically prepared high school students with the opportunity to study and learn at the college level. Learn more at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/exploreap
This summer associate will help to grow, sustain, and improve two of Advanced Placement’s newer programs: AP with WE service and AP Mentoring. AP with WE Service provides students with the opportunity to apply their classroom work to the real world through service learning and AP Mentoring provides, teacher-to-teacher support for AP teachers of all experience levels through online mentoring sessions lead by expert AP teachers. Each of these programs, sitting under the AP Program Management team will give the candidate an opportunity to support strategic initiatives for the AP Program.
Through this internship, this individual will get firsthand experience of the full program life cycle and have the opportunity to define and recommend key enhancements, to support program growth and success. This person will support both programs with operations and implementation, logistical assistance for AP mentor training and data management and analysis. A key focus of this internship will be tracking and analyzing participation and performance to help inform key programmatic decisions. This individual will be responsible for analyzing and organizing data, highlighting key findings, and making recommendations back to the program leads.
What you’ll do
- Help to maintain and grow repository of student project examples and track exemplary program implementations
- Monitor mentoring session progress through weekly reporting
- Help maintain program dashboard with key metrics
- Assist with maintaining and documenting participation data, tracking user feedback, customer satisfaction, and other metrics to help measure the success and engagement of programs
- Use data to understand and identify behavior and trends and make recommendations to enhance user experience and program success
- Support AP Mentoring program with summer training initiative of newest cohort of mentors
- Assistance with logistical and administrative responsibilities for key events
- Interest in working for a mission-oriented, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving education
- Committed to working the entire agreed upon internship period
- Strong analytical thinking skills and a data-driven approach to decision making and prioritization
- Great attention to detail
- Familiarity with smartsheet and Salesforce, a plus
- Experience with mentoring programs and/or service-learning a plus
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.