User Experience Design Intern
The College Board is conducting a search for a User Experience Design Intern. This position will be based out of our Reston, VA office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educations, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly of disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverables.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): Reston, VA
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid / Part-time internship (20/35 hours)
The Brand Experience team is responsible for developing our brand identity. This includes visual design, digital design, design research, and content strategy. The User Experience group, specifically, leads the functionality and interface design of our web and application products, in addition to guiding work on overall user journeys.
We’re looking for somebody to join our User Experience Design team for the summer. You will get to work on several different projects, including a combination of product-specific design and foundational design infrastructure development. We are a team of coordinated design groups, working across disciplines and skill sets to create great, important work for our users.
This role, co-located with our development teams in Reston, will specifically work on a few of our higher-complexity and higher-profile enterprise application redesigns.
What you’ll do
- Create wireframes, user flows, and other UX documents
- Create design mockups and prototypes for testing
- Help collect, analyze, and communicate the results of testing and user research
- Participate in strategy sessions
- Help build out our foundational design library, including digital assets and system documentation.
- Interest in working for a mission-oriented, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving education
- Committed to working the entire agreed upon internship period
- UI and visual design skills, including Sketch and Adobe CC
- Experience with enterprise-level products and software design
- Knowledge of, or experience in, user research and usability testing
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.