Agile Portfolio Analyst - Intern
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Agile Portfolio Analyst - Intern for our IT department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the Role
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverable.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): Reston, VA
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Paid / Fulltime internship
This position is within the Information Technology organization which supports all College Board programs.
The Agile Portfolio Management Office within the College Board Information Technology division is seeking a Portfolio Analyst to work closely with Agile Portfolio Managers, Agile Coaches, and stakeholders from the business, IT, and Ops to support Agile Portfolio Management for College Board. This position will support the various College Board portfolios of work with a focus on Demand (Work Intake) Management, Portfolio Management, and Results Management. This role will also support the aggregation of portfolio planning and delivery metrics into succinct, meaningful information radiators that can be used to communicate progress, manage risks and issues, and provide actionable decision-making tools. To support that effort, the Portfolio Analyst will play a key role in ensuring the accuracy of data to produce reliable reporting. The Portfolio Analyst will also play a role in the configuration and administration of tools that support the Agile.
We are looking for a collaborative, positive, enthusiastic, pragmatic servant leader who demonstrates strong creativity and innovative thinking, demonstrates adaptability and agility, is passionate and/or knowledgeable about the education industry as well as technology trends, and can synthesize and communicate information across a wide range of stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Support analysis and management of College Board portfolios of work with a focus on Demand (Work Intake) Management, Transparency, Predictability, and Value Delivery.
- Partner with Portfolio Managers, Product Managers, and Product Owners to prioritize and sequence work in relation to road-maps. Understand business goals, initiatives, and features. Effectively work with Product Managers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to align and support business strategy, planning, and delivery.
- Support Portfolio Managers in day to day tasks of managing various portfolios of work.
- Facilitate portfolio reviews as necessary and ensure that portfolio health, issues and risks are effectively managed and visualized to meet business expectations. Ensure adequate oversight and coordination of dependencies across features and resolve impediments.
- Demonstrate the ability to access data, analyze data outputs, and visualize the results to provide meaningful information radiators that provide good optics and insights. Build dashboards and reports based on data sets from various sources such as JIRA. Be able to produce crisp, integrated Reporting and Dashboards for portfolio stakeholders.
- Provide tool support to all portfolio stakeholders. Utilize JIRA, Confluence and other tools to facilitate effective work intake and delivery.
- Facilitate organizational retrospectives as necessary.
- Propose solutions to problems and challenges, raising them up effectively to appropriate parties for resolution.
- Interest in working for a mission-oriented, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving education.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Committed to working the entire agreed upon internship period.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- General understanding of PMOs and project management, Agile methods and practices is a plus.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required.