Admissions and Enrollment Services - Intern
The College Board is conducting a search for a Admissions and Enrollment Services - Intern. This position is based out of our Reston, VA office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educations, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly of disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the Role
The College Board's Internship Program is an exciting chance to develop new skills while contributing to an organization that is committed to the transformation of education in America through college readiness for all students.
The Internship Program presents a unique opportunity to highly talented students who wish to develop strengths in core skills, and to obtain real-world work experience. The College Board is committed to our Internship Program and ensures that each student receives mentoring, experiences a variety of assignments that allow for collaboration with diverse groups across the organization, and focuses on defined deliverables.
The College Board Student Search Service prides itself in providing excellent service to students, participating colleges and scholarship programs. We are looking for a Summer Intern who will audit participating colleges and scholarship programs for continued adherence to program policies. This is a paid internship in our Reston, VA office.
- Engage in the College Board's work to increase access and opportunity for all students
- Duration: (8-10-week program)
- Location(s): Reston, VA
- Start-date: June 1, 2020
- End-date: August 7, 2020
- Flexible Hours, within 8 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday
- Paid internship (hourly rate)
- 30-40 hour work week
This position is with the Student Search Service® program, a program managed by College Board’s Enrollment department. The Enrollment department provides programs and services aimed at connecting student with colleges and increasing college completion for all students, with a special focus on lower-income students, first-generation college students, and students of color.
What you’ll do
- Send emails to Search customers regarding eligibility review processes, timelines, and completion status
- Access reports and databases to review and document completion status of eligibility processes
- Review submitted reports and documentation for compliance with eligibility requirements
- Maintain records and provide ongoing updates of process completion
- Use internal and external data systems to research customer information
- Raise concerns regarding completion progress and timelines as appropriate
- Respond to customers via email requesting additional documentation, clarifying processes, or answering questions
- Interested in issues of equal access education, nonprofit organizations and community development
- Interns must be a current junior or rising senior enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's program or pursuing their Graduate degree
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite productivity tools (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Desire to learn, explore and be challenged outside of comfort zone
- Organized, neat and ability to multitask
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.