Senior Data Analyst - Communications & Marketing
The College Board is conducting a search for a Senior Data Analyst within our Communications and Marketing team. This position is based at our New York Headquarters.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educations, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the STA, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly of disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the position
The Senior (Sr.) Data Analyst will accurately provision data to internal and external College Board stakeholders for the purpose of outbound digital communications including email, SMS, automation and journeys. Qualified candidates will lead research, planning, development, testing, delivery and quality assurance of data that will drive College Board from the manual deployment of email and text to marketing automation. The Sr. Data Analyst will manage projects to code and pilot data modeling, data extraction, data transformation and transfer, along with data fulfillment using existing and new sources. The Sr. Data Analyst will guide business stakeholders on data strategies and sources to inform the selection and transmission of data to meet business goals.
What you'll do
- Understand and support Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) data models, data extensions, and the core system data structure to successfully deliver segmented and tailored messaging to meet business needs.
- Partner with SFMC Developer to introduce new data attributes to core SFMC data model.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Drive team efficiency and effectiveness through design and authoring of data mapping, data flow diagrams, specifications and data dictionaries.
- Identify opportunities for automating processes and procedures for new and existing data provisioning and campaign communication activities and self-service solutions.
- Create complex data extensions and automation activities using SQL.
- Lead the development and maintenance of current knowledge of College Board products, data systems and information assets.
- Monitor and discover trends with emphasis on those impacted by new product releases, operational changes and new data collection techniques.
- Provide operational system consistency and support for SFMC, including system trouble-shooting and effective resolution of failed core data builds.
- Collaborate with developers, product owner, and business stakeholders to define user stories and acceptance criteria for SFMC automation initiatives.
- Develop and execute plans to perform user acceptance testing and quality control. Review and provide quality assurance for complex data queries performed by Data Analyst II colleagues.
- Participate in phone and email exchanges with a third-party systems integrator and Salesforce as needed.
- Maintain regular contact with Communications and Marketing, Information Technology DATA, CB Programs, and Operations.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degrees in mathematics, statistics, or computer or data science, or deep experience in data management preferred.
- At least 7 years of advanced SQL query writing skills, including query tuning, indexing, partitioning, etc.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and expertise in SQL standards and best practices
- Strong project management, planning, organization and communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud or the ability and willingness to quickly learn Salesforce best practices and development
- Experience with AWS and/or similar cloud technology is a plus
- Experience with data modeling, database development to support data transformation and loading processes
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new business domains and technologies
- Strong analytical and data analysis experience with structured problem-solving ability
- Delivery mindset
- Self-motivated and team oriented.
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Desire to learn, explore and be challenged
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.