Vice President, Direct Marketing
The College Board is conducting a search for a Vice President, Direct Marketing. This position is based out of our New York Headquarters.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educations, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the STA, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly of disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the role
The College Board is seeking a senior executive leader to oversee the marketing initiatives of its organization. Based in New York City and reporting into the Chief Communications and Marketing Officer, this position will lead the development of marketing strategies that drive growth of our revenue and mission programs among students, parents, and educators. This position manages 18 team members, including 4 direct reports.
The Vice President candidate should have deep experience in and a positive track record of driving success through cross-channel, integrated marketing campaigns. They must be undaunted by big strategic challenges; a strong team leader who nurtures talented marketers who embody curiosity, courage, and energy; know how to cultivate powerful and productive internal relationships; and have an unwavering dedication to the highest standards with a relentless focus on driving results.
The ideal candidate is passionate about education and fully embraces the organization’s mission within their everyday work.
What you'll do
- Lead, engage and motivate a high-performing team that oversees: marketing, media planning, social media, and data and analytics
- Oversee the development of marketing strategies across the College Board’s PSAT, SAT, Practice, Scholarships, Student Search Service and College Planning programs
- Inspire innovative, highly targeted campaigns that leverage owned and paid digital channels including email, SEM, social, text, push notifications and digital partnerships
- Own awareness, conversion, and usage metrics for our programs among students, parents, and professionals
- Nurture a data-driven culture that encourages testing, learning, and optimization and uses results and insights to tell stories and inform strategies
- Act as a key stakeholder in the continued development of our Salesforce Marketing Cloud initiatives including journeys and data ingestion
- Speak as the voice of each customer audience and segment and advocate for them by representing their trends, culture, behavior and needs
- Develop a content creation engine that reinforces brand creative, voice, and identity, working closely with the CCMO
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data sources to drive recommendations, using insights obtained from market research, customer analytics, client segmentation, and best practices
- Use customer insights to funnel ideas and enhancements into the product development cycle for our digital properties including our website
- Align goals and work collaboratively across the College Board’s key program stakeholders
- Lead and manage relationships with key external partners and agencies
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred
- At least 10+ years of related, progressively responsible consumer marketing experience with a focus in digital marketing
- Experience in marketing strategies that target students and/or parents a plus
- CRM and Web analytics platform experience preferred
- Strong in both creative and conceptual skills and strategic, analytical thinking
- Experience with and interest in educational markets
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.