Statistical Data Analyst
The College Board is conducting a search for a Statistical Data Analyst for our Latin America region. This position will be based out of our San Juan, Puerto Rico office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the role
The Statistical Data Analyst provides support to programs at the College Board, Puerto Rico and Latin America (PRLAO) Office, with a focus on statistical analysis, data management, quality control procedures, and documentation.
The Statistical Data Analyst partners with business process owners and team members to ensure the quality of data being stored, accessed, and analyzed, along with quality controls and appropriate validation. Statistical support includes the development of summaries, reports, and presentations that communicate complex concepts, processes, and findings in clear and actionable language for the organization and the broader public. Additional responsibilities include supporting research projects, psychometric processes or other activities requiring data management and analysis.
This individual is expected to have a high level of expertise in statistical analysis, including strong skills in data wrangling, data visualization, and sound knowledge of quantitative-based research methods.
What you will do
- Conduct statistical analyses using best practices.
- Perform analyses of large data-sets and assessment data, and provide concise, insightful solutions or summaries to address business questions.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries for data wrangling, data analysis, data visualization, and statistical interpretation of research or assessment-specific results; advise users on conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
- Assess information needs of internal and external stakeholders and identify opportunities to meet those needs as the College Board’s data capabilities and systems advance.
- Prepare memos, presentations, and research reports that communicate complex concepts, processes, and findings in clear and actionable language for the organization and the public more broadly.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the quality, structure, and features of assessment databases.
- Perform regular audits of assessment databases to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Assist in developing, designing, and documenting operational procedures.
- Identify automation opportunities and work with relevant users to build the capacity for report and process automation.
- Support the development and implementation of psychometric and scoring routines and quality assurance procedures to ensure the accuracy of results.
- Support the production of item and test analysis reports using diverse statistical and psychometric methods and models.
- Analyze statistical and psychometric results to identify anomalies such as outliers, incorrect data reading layouts and scoring routings, misidentified scoring keys, item statistics, among others.
- Assist R&M staff in research projects or other activities requiring data processing and analysis.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Psychology or Education preferred. Exceptional candidates with other degrees and relevant skills shall be considered.
- Two to four years of progressively responsible professional experience performing similar duties. Candidates with strong focus on quantitative methodology and educational measurement and programming experience are preferred.
- Knowledge and adherence to the principles and standards for educational and psychological testing and other applicable professional standards and practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency in scripting language/programming and database querying skills (e.g., Python, R, SQL, MySQL)
- Strong skills in data wrangling, data visualization, data analysis, data interpretation, and report writing.
- Strict attention to detail and extreme accuracy.
More about you
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues of various professional backgrounds.
- Proven ability to analyze and propose solutions to business or research problems and communicate those solutions effectively.
- Proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management, organization, communication, and consultation skills.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility and prioritize.
- Ability to travel within Puerto Rico.
- Bilingual proficiency - Spanish & English.
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.