Director, Implementation: Pre-AP Programs
The College Board is conducting a search for a Director, Implementation: Pre-AP Programs. This role will be remotely based.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educations, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly of disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the position
The Pre-AP Implementation Team supports the largest districts using our secondary instructional programs and creates high-leverage, scalable supports for educational leaders across the country. The Director of Implementation for Pre-AP Programs supports district level implementation and acts as liaison with large districts to ensure successful renewal and success of the programs. This individual acts as an expert in educational leadership and the Pre-AP Programs, is a resource and partner in instructional leadership for users. She/he develops strategic service plans that include professional development and strategies that lead to sustainable effective implementations. She/he advises on product development, assessment design, and marketing from the perspective of educators. The Director of Implementation supports sales staff with consistent messaging and communications of the programs. She/he builds customer loyalty through user events, online communications, and high-quality district partnerships.
What you’ll do (responsibilities)
- Support program implementation, issue resolution, and enhance customer success for assigned users.
- Contribute to the development of and deliver professional learning and classroom observation services for site and district-level leaders.
- Assist in the development of online support for educational leaders.
- Support sales outreach by delivering presentations, supporting renewal process, coordinating outreach and communication with regional offices.
- Provide recommendations, user stories, and feedback gathered from customers to program leadership.
- Assist in designing, planning, facilitation, and completion of follow-up activities related to user events and conferences
About you (qualifications)
- B.A. or B.S. required. Master’s degree preferred in education, leadership, curriculum, or related study
- Minimum of five to seven years of secondary school or district-level experience. Educational administration and/or leadership related experience preferred.
- Experience in public speaking, designing and/or facilitating professional learning for adults required
- Excellent verbal and written communication required. Strong relationship-building with colleagues and district partners is necessary.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and remotely, mastering the use of required technology and communication tools (video conferencing, MS Office applications, College Board digital platforms, etc)
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.