Director, SAT Suite Training and Supports
The College Board is conducting a search for a Director, SAT Suite Training and Supports. This position can be based out of our New York, NY or Reston, VA office. This position is also remote eligible.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educations, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly of disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the role
The Director, SAT Suite Training and Supports serves a critical need in managing a scope of work related to developing and implementing assessment and assessment-related materials to train and support internal and external constituents. The Director will report to the Executive Director, SAT Suite State Product Manager, and work on a range of training's, resources, and support materials that require cross-divisional management, planning and execution. This role will be responsible for leading strategy and vision for the training's and support that will enable internal constituents to effectively support states, districts and schools who are implementing the SAT Suite; and external constituents to achieve maximum benefit from the SAT Suite of Assessments.
The successful candidate will be able to determine customer needs/concepts, ensure deliverable s align to business requirements, demonstrate highly effective communication and collaboration skills, and have successful experience managing complex cross-divisional/functional projects.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain fluency in the following:
- Assessment market and competitive landscape
- Key psychometric concepts such as concordance, equating, validity, and reliability
- Product pricing, features & benefits, and core value proposition
- Assessment content, structure, policies and key research
- Assessment reporting and data usage
- Manage and execute on a comprehensive SAT Suite/CRA training program for the State and District Partnership division.
- Serve as an SAT Suite/CRA subject matter expert and collaborate with other College Board divisions/teams on projects, initiatives, materials for external constituents.
- Manage the annual updates/refreshes of existing SAT Suite/CRA training and support resources, including but not limited to the SAT Toolkit, e-Modules, and Knowledge Center materials.
- Collaborate with State and District Partnership on the development and delivery of presentations, workshops, and trainings for external constituents in accountability states.
- Co-manage the CRA/SDP workgroup and coordinate participation of other CRA stakeholders as needed.
- Anticipate/identify needs and respond to requests for training and support materials, such as marketing collateral, learning modules, presentations and other tools to support SDP staff in State and District implementations; collaborate with Program leads, Marketing and Communications, and Design to guide development
Works closely with leadership and staff across College Readiness Assessments, State and District Partnerships, Counselor Engagement, College and Career Access, Communications and Marketing, Research, Assessment Design and Development, and other divisions and units at the College Board
Supports key states and organizations in accountability states and other large districts utilizing the SAT Suite of Assessments.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in a relevant field is required; a related post-graduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience designing, developing, and delivering training programs and content. Must have at least 3 years of experience working with the SAT Suite of Assessments and all related tools and systems.
- Outstanding professional writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to education leaders, educators, other state and district constituents and internal stakeholders at various levels
- Proven track record in providing effective training and support to a range of audiences.
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to work with diverse set of colleagues, across functions and divisions
- Ability to understand and interest in dealing with complex, nuanced subject matter
- Expertise in PowerPoint with an emphasis on displaying complex information in a digestible format
- Expertise in utilizing web and video conferencing technologies is required
- Experience utilizing content authoring tools, such as Articulate Storyline2 preferred
More about you
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong presentation and project management skills
- Ability to effectively lead /coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to problem-solve strategically and effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable, able to manage changing priorities
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.