Systems Engineer I
The College Board is conducting a search for a Systems Engineer I for our IT department. This position is based out of our Reston, Virginia office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the role
The Systems Engineer I will design, develop and implement solutions that drive employee efficiency through the automation of business processes and the promotion of self-service. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for implementing and maintaining Microsoft’s Office 365 product suite. The candidate should have strong technical knowledge on both Cloud and on-premise IT systems and will apply this functional knowledge in the implementation and support of Office365 services. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator and team player, with Knowledge of Microsoft technologies.
What you’ll do
- Solves problems using logical approaches, or refers to others for resolution, as appropriate
- Evaluates ways in which own work is performed and recommends appropriate changes to improve effectiveness
- Automates process and integration scenarios for the consistent propagation of changes and metadata
- Participates in testing new process and tooling improvement experiments
- Collaborates with others to produce desired work goals and results
- Assists in training and guiding others in similar positions
- Anticipates workflow and prepares for changes in volume
- Adheres to time frames for completion of routine assignments
- Manages priorities and time effectively
- Participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot critical issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of one year of engineering experience in relevant technical positions
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft technologies and products, with a focus in one or more of the following: PowerShell, Office365, Exchange Online, OneDrive, Sharepoint or Azure AD Familiarity with managing Office365 tenants, Office365 license and feature management
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to collaborate and rally support
More about you
- Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Office365 migration and deployment experience
- Understanding of Windows servers, Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory
- Service Now
- IP Telephony
- Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.