Director of Finance and Treasury
The College Board is conducting a search for a Director of Finance and Treasury. The position is based out of our New York City headquarters.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educations, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly of disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the position
The Director of Finance and Treasury will have an essential role in supporting the College Board’s strategy and ensuring our financial health. She/he will be responsible for complex financial modeling and analysis, and for presenting findings and recommendations to senior management. She/he will manage the College Board’s cash and short-term investments and improve our overall cash and working capital management practices, by evaluating, developing and implementing new processes and cash management systems/technology to support our Finance and Treasury operations.
What you’ll do
- Develop a detailed cash flow forecasting model, weekly and by division, to ensure the availability of required funding and to maximize our investible funds in accordance with our Investment Policy.
- Track the financial performance of our short-term investments.
- Manage cash transfers to support the funding requirements of our operations.
- Enhance our financial risk management, by running scenario analysis to evaluate the impact of adverse events on cash flow and liquidity.
- Build insightful reports for senior management and our Investment Committee on total liquidity, cash flow forecast variances, short-term investment performance, and key operational performance and risk indicators.
- Manage RFPs for cash management or other Treasury services and support the selection, evaluation, and replacement of short-term investment managers.
- Support the oversight and management of our existing banking relationships and our credit facilities, monitoring services and fees and supporting the negotiation of terms.
- Develop new banking relationships and provide market insights about relevant trends in banking and treasury.
- Develop funding strategies and assist with financial due diligence for strategic initiatives including investments, partnerships, and acquisitions.
- Prepare for and participate in regular meetings with senior management and our Investment Committee.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant and progressive experience
- Extensive experience in financial modeling and preparing cash flow forecasts
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to succinctly summarize complex financial analysis and present key findings to senior management
- Strong understanding of corporate finance, financial markets, and investments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in process improvement
More about you
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize and independently manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
- Experience with treasury, cash management, or financial planning systems preferred
- Commercial banking and/or Corporate Finance experience preferred
- A strong interest in expanding educational opportunity for all students
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.