Operations Associate - Southwestern Regional Office
The College Board is conducting a search for an Operations Associate. This position will be based out of our Austin, TX office.
About the College Board
We are a mission-focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity, and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators, and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the role
Under direction of the Director of Operations, provide overall administrative and operational functions to support smooth operations of the regional office and customer service needs of constituents across the region. Works as a generalist by providing in-depth support for activities related to office administration, customer service, finance, membership and governance, and human resources.
What you'll do
- Provide overall office support by managing supply inventories, researching or compiling information, coordinating shipping and receiving, maintaining security protocols, logging and tracking facilities issue resolution, troubleshooting and maintenance for minor IT and equipment issues.
- Coordination and execution for office meetings and events logistics, including scheduling, attendee tracking/communications, and catering.
- Provide administrative support, specifically for the Regional Vice President which may include, but is not limited to assisting with calendar management, coordinating travel and reimbursement, providing data or information in support of state and district needs, monitoring incoming communications, preparing administrative reports.
- May serve on internal committees or contribute to special projects as assigned by the Regional Operations Director.
- Monitor incoming customer service inquiries, and either escalate through the appropriate channel or ensure timely resolution of issues and communication to appropriate parties.
- Perform customer outreach for past due invoices and order/action reminders.
- Research school escalations in customer service database upon request and report on findings.
- Coordinate, communicate, and execute logistics of external meetings. Coordinate activities including event registration, meeting materials preparation, and site logistics under the direction of the Director of Regional Operations.
- Provide direct assistance to the Director of Operations in processing invoices, researching and resolving accounts payable issues.
- Serve as point of contact for procurement processes, including requisitions, hotel contracts, and vendor adds/updates.
- Track and monitor office credit card usage and complete accurate monthly reconciliations in accordance with organizational policy.
Membership & Governance
- Assist with aspects of the Regional Forum to include: presenter outreach and communications, corrections/additions to the web site, materials preparation, and registration.
- Assist with the planning and execution of Regional Council meeting logistics, preparation of meeting room and materials, distribution of materials through Directors Desk.
- Assist with the updates to our Regional Council on the web site and in Salesforce.
- Under the direction of the Regional Director of Operations and the hiring manager, coordinate and schedule interviews, draft on-boarding plans, set up access to key online resources/portals, and schedule trainings to ensure a positive experience for all candidates and new hires.
Maintains regular contact with College Board State & District Partnership staff. Contact usually by telephone/e-mail, with the purpose of collaborating to produce work, troubleshooting customer issues, giving and receiving information, coordinating activities or scheduling.
Maintains frequent contact with College Board customers and vendors, usually by telephone/e-mail, with the purpose of collaborating to produce work, troubleshooting client issues, giving and receiving information, coordinating activities or scheduling.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of one to three years of related experience, preferably in a customer service or program support capacity.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing skills
- Motivated, strong customer service orientation
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Meeting management skills
- Ability to be a team player in the overall team concept of the office.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, learn new systems/processes quickly, juggle multiple priorities, and manage ambiguity.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.