Associate Dir, International Market Management
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Associate Director, International Market Management . This position is based in New York City, NY and includes a full benefits package described below.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Associate Director, International Market Management will be responsible for business development and customer interaction activities in their assigned regions to maintain & expand usage of all College Board programs with particular focus on AP, pre-AP and the SAT suite of assessments (PSAT and SAT). The Associate Director will have individual accountability for volume & growth goals in their assigned regions. Consistent with the mission of the College Board and under the supervision of the
Director, the Associate Director will plan, manage and successfully carry out the major responsibilities for contributing to, developing, and supporting strategic business plans relating to CB program adoption and volume growth. The Associate Director will work as the primary point of contact in maintaining and building relationships with schools, school networks, provincial/state agencies, national Ministries of Education in conjunction with the Director, and other partners within assigned regions, involving the Director where appropriate.
- In collaboration with relevant International Division team members and leaders, develop strategic business plans to drive adoption of College Board programs (AP, pre-AP, PSAT, SAT) across their assigned regions to meet short and long term volume & growth goals.
- Manage accounts in the assigned regions by forecasting program volume and growth, identifying and making proactive outreach to accounts in their portfolio at critical times of the year to influence decisions regarding usage of College Board programs, preparing volume and growth activity reports, collecting and maintaining updated client information, and developing new contacts and relationships with key decision-makers, partners, and stakeholders.
- With guidance from the Director, execute on all activities which will help meet volume and growth goals: meeting with outside individuals or groups to provide information about College Board programs and services; identifying and making proactive outreach to accounts in their portfolio at critical times of the year to influence decisions regarding usage of College Board programs; maintaining records of contact and follow up; obtaining feedback from outside individuals or entities regarding programs and services; and conducting workshops, presentations, training, and program demonstrations as appropriate. Where appropriate, coordinate efforts with other Market Managers, International Division and program stakeholders.
- Maintain existing relationships and build new relationships with key decision-makers & influencers in schools, school networks, provincial/state agencies, vendors, and other educational partners, agencies, institutions, and players within the assigned regions with the express objective of growing usage of College Board programs (AP, pre-AP, PSAT, SAT) in a fiscally responsible manner. In conjunction with the Director, develop & maintain relationships with representatives of national Ministries of Education, education association leadership, school network leaders, and other key influencers.
- Collaborate with relevant International team members to develop marketing plans and ensure proper execution to achieve agreed upon goals.
- Collaborate with relevant International team members to identify prioritized operational improvements, both student and educator facing, that are critical to achieving agreed upon goals in the assigned region.
- Regularly communicate all market-based trends in education, political atmosphere, and competitive environment with International team members and broader College Board staff.
- With guidance from the Director, develop and maintain a deep understanding of College Board programs and expertly articulate the value proposition of College Board programs in a compelling manner in both public and private settings with government representatives, school leaders, educators, students, parents, and other influencers in education in the region.
- Contribute towards building and maintaining College Board’s reputation and brand with constituents in the region while balancing the sensitive nature of our programs in the political context.
- Assist with resolution of escalated issues from schools/parents/educators and ensure appropriate response by College Board programs and functional units.
Maintains regular contact and positive working relationships with colleagues on International Market Management Team and in the International Division; liaises with colleagues across the College Board as necessary, College Readiness Assessments Program, AP & Instruction Program, Operations, etc.
Establishes and maintains deep relationships with leadership and key decision-makers in assigned region: schools, local/provincial/state education leaders, partners/vendors, teachers, counselors, and other influencers in education.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, an advanced degree in education is preferred
- A minimum of 5-7 years of sales and/or education experience in the region or international education generally
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Ability to think creatively about fresh approaches to new ideas and challenges
- Excellent analytic and quantitative skills, including ability to identify and obtain needed data to confirm/backup hypotheses
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong ability to create and deliver effective presentations at meetings and conferences to external constituents
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) strategy
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Experience in account management and a Spanish speaker preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively (up to 50%)
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.