The College Board is conducting a search for an Executive Assistant to support the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President of Global Strategy and Talent. The role is based out of for our New York City headquarters.
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
About this opportunity
You will provide comprehensive administrative support to the CFO and SVP and communicate regularly with executives across the organization. You’ll lead on logistical and administrative matters, swiftly and proactively identifying and resolving key issues. You’ll have experience working with a variety of senior executives and come from a professional background that has required them to work at a fast pace on a range of reactive and proactive tasks and projects.
- You are an excellent communicator and listener with a strong customer service orientation.
- You are obsessed with details.
- You take ownership of your work and excel at following through with your work.
- You can summarize and synthesize information quickly.
- You work hard and have fun when you work. You bring positivity and energy to the executive team each day.
- You work with a sense of urgency. You are precise under pressure and calm in situations that could fluster others.
- You can handle multiple situations simultaneously.
- You have demonstrable experience implementing management systems that enable you to keep track scheduling requests, travel arrangements, and competing meeting requests.
- You have a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
What you’ll do
- Maintain calendars for the CFO and SVP
- Coordinate all internal and external meeting requests and ensure that the executives have smooth and error-free schedules
- Make travel/hotel arrangements and prepare and submit expense reimbursement reports in a timely manner
- Schedule on-site and off-site meetings including communications and logistics. Prepare agendas, handouts, communication for such meetings.
- Proofread internal and external correspondence.
- Maintain professionalism and discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- Work as a part of a team within the organization; other duties as assigned.
Support for CFO and SVP
- Develop systems and processes to ensure that CFO and SVP have visibility into priority work streams and progress towards divisional goals; organize approach for SVP to engage with work on a weekly and quarterly basis.
- Provide project management around key priorities.
- Prepare correspondence, internal reports and meeting minutes. Distribute meeting minutes and coordinate follow-up meetings and action items
- Compile and prepare reports, PowerPoint presentations and contribute to special projects, such as coordination of the divisional performance review process and other team administration projects.
- Support hiring and onboarding new staff; coordinate a regular schedule of engagement activities; project manage towards all performance management milestones.
- Serve as liaison to CFO and SVP direct reports and other stakeholders throughout the organization to drive priorities forward effectively.
More about you
- 3+ years of directly related experience in a professional work environment
- Outstanding administrative, organizational and computer skills; expert use of MS Office Suite and willing to learn other software as needed
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the position; a dependable and trustworthy colleague
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential information
- Superior communication skills including writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity and scope with ease
- Excellent customer service orientation; ability and willingness to solve problems and resolve issues
- Ability to work independently with sound judgment, and as a member of a team
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.