Assistant/Associate Director, Market Insights
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Assistant/Associate Director, Market Insights in the Learning, Evaluation, and Research (LEvR) division. This position can be based out of the New York, NY office.
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
About Learning, Evaluation and Research (LEvR)
The LEvR division is made up of five departments:
Access Learning Lab: Partners with College Board Research to design and test innovative solutions for addressing college access barriers that can be implemented and scaled through a wide range of programs and services.
Psychometrics: Manages the quality and integrity of all College Board assessments through operational psychometrics, statistical procedures, and ongoing research.
Research: Provides validity research services, college readiness research, and policy research that informs all of the College Board’s programs and mission-focused initiatives.
Learning Engineering: Charged with drawing upon the best available learning-related research to support the continuous improvement of our programs, and to design and test new tools and methods for improving student performance in our courses and assessments.
Market Insights: Employs surveys and other quantitative and qualitative research methods to deliver customer, market, and employee insights to support strategic decision-making.
About the Role
In this role, you will serve internal clients with both custom and longitudinal data collection/survey projects, tracking trends and opinions across populations of students, secondary educators, counselors, Higher Ed professionals, and other influencers. The work will focus around understanding the voice of the customer, specifically as it relates to experiences taking, offering, and using College Board assessments, and participating in various facets of College Board Professional Development. The ultimate goals of the work are to help the organization understand how it’s doing over time across constituencies, and to recommend strategic improvements that programs can implement based on the data we collect.
What You’ll do
- Work collaboratively with supervisor and Market Insights team to conduct all phases of data collection including: development of questionnaires, instruments or protocols; item development and testing; survey programming, sample design, list request, QC, and management; recruitment and screening of participants; field procedures; data quality; and other administrative tasks associated with carrying out a successful project.
- Analyze data, interpret data, and identify patterns from constituent research.
- Use market research or statistical software to manage and analyze quantitative data sets; including variable creation, data cleaning and recoding, and translating data from one program to another.
- Analyze qualitative data
- Prepare descriptive and analytical reports and presentations of survey results.
- Develop and maintain data security and confidentiality procedures.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years’ experience in a market research role.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Tableau is preferred
- Solid experience analyzing customer data, and basic facility with survey data analysis tools, such as SPSS, SAS, or Q.
- Desire to learn, explore and be challenged
- Interest in working for a mission-oriented, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving education
- Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Willingness to learn and/or improve upon survey design and analysis techniques
- Basic data analysis and reporting skills
- Experience with survey tools, such as Qualtrics, SurveyGizmo, and Sawtooth a plus
- Experience moderating focus groups or conducting in-depth interviews a plus
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.