Director/Senior Director, Strategy and Analysis
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director/Senior Director, Strategy and Analysis in the Learning, Evaluation, and Research (LEvR) division. This position can be based out of the New York, NY office.
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
About Learning, Evaluation and Research (LEvR)
The LEvR division is made up of five departments:
Access Learning Lab: Partners with College Board Research to design and test innovative solutions for addressing college access barriers that can be implemented and scaled through a wide range of programs and services.
Psychometrics: Manages the quality and integrity of all College Board assessments through operational psychometrics, statistical procedures, and ongoing research.
Research: Provides validity research services, college readiness research, and policy research that informs all of the College Board’s programs and mission-focused initiatives.
Learning Engineering: Charged with drawing upon the best available learning-related research to support the continuous improvement of our programs, and to design and test new tools and methods for improving student performance in our courses and assessments.
Market Insights: Employs surveys and other quantitative and qualitative research methods to deliver customer, market, and employee insights to support strategic decision-making.
About the Role
In this role you will plan, coordinate, and execute the Learning, Evaluation, and Research (LEvR) division’s strategy to ensure that data and evidence drive all College Board products, decisions, and communications. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, this leader will coordinate and facilitate strategic planning and reporting processes across the division and ensure that analytic work is appropriately resourced and fulfilled. This individual will work across the division to coordinate, unify, and focus LEvR’s strategy for new product development through rapid testing and learning.
You are entrepreneurial and pragmatic, combining knowledge of research methods with excellent command of data and evidence and a finely-honed understanding of internal and external constituents’ needs.
What You’ll do
- Develop and lead execution of a division-wide approach to proving a strategic business case for research, innovation, and new product development initiatives, working closely with SVP to ensure that the division is organized and resourced in order to deliver on them.
- Implement new tools and cross-divisional approaches to fulfilling analytic work requests in order to ensure that data provided in communications and decision-making is complete, clear, and accurate.
- Guide implementation of major divisional activities (such as strategic planning, goals/metrics reporting, engagement initiatives) through effective collaboration with other divisional leaders, with primary responsibility for high-quality deliverables for the SVP and ELT.
- Through consultation and coordination with LEvR leadership, identify and lead high-priority, SVP-sponsored, cross-department initiatives.
- Implement weekly/monthly/quarterly team communications and updates in service of unifying the division’s strategic focus. Ensure ongoing team communications are optimized and consistent.
- Establish effective partnerships with key colleagues across the College Board, such as the Executive Director of Strategy, so that LEvR’s priorities align with and guide organizational priorities and initiatives.
- Partner with other data-related and strategy leaders across the enterprise to maintain optimal data-use strategy to further College Board’s mission.
- Maintain a keen understanding of the education and college access and success markets, forge partnerships, and help position the College Board’s strategic leadership in these domains.
- 6+ years of education industry experience in roles related to strategy, product management, or product development, with experience in research and/or data science a significant plus
- Master’s degree/MBA or higher
- Excellent facility with data analysis technologies, systems, and approaches.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with senior leaders and executives in ways that inspire trust and confidence.
- Ability to lead through influence and relationships as well as intellect.
- Deep commitment to the College Board’s mission, to the integrity of evidence, and to the stewardship of our resources are paramount.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.