Talent Management Specialist/Senior Specialist
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Talent Management Specialist/Senior Specialist. This position is based in our New York City Office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. In this role, you will have a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Talent Management Specialist/Senior Specialist, reporting to the Senior Director, Talent Management supports enterprise performance management, employee engagement, and learning and development processes. In this role, you must think and act critically and have excellent analytical and technical skills to support the organization by collaborating as part of the Talent Management team.
What the Talent Management Team Does
Talent Management is a small, but mighty team that supports learning, engagement, and performance management efforts for all employees.
- Support the performance management by creating and leveraging learning content for new and existing staff; leading the implementation of a new platform; and making processes agile, lean, and easy-to-grasp
- Stay current with the latest trends and providing recommendations and insights based on industry practices
- Own the administration of our performance management platform (Saba TalentSpace) including, but not limited to designing and managing interim and annual processes (e.g., goal setting, 360 feedback, etc.); providing end-user support; running reports; and managing the vendor relationship
- Develop, track, review, and analyze performance management metrics (e.g., compliance, ratings, trends, etc.) and communicate findings
- Own the administration of our employee engagement portal (Gallup) including, but not limited to, designing, developing, and managing annual and pulse engagement surveys and action planning; troubleshooting; staying up to date with latest enhancements, and managing the vendor relationship
- Stay current with the latest trends and providing recommendations and insights based on survey results and industry best practices
- Develop, track, review, and analyze employee engagement metrics (e.g., participation rates, comparisons, etc.) and communicate findings as needed
- Co-own the development of communications plans and learning resources to inform, inspire, and involve staff at all levels
Learning & Development
- Assist with the design and development of content focused around professional, management, and leadership development needs such as in-person training, eLearning, multi-media job aids, guides, etc.
- Track, review, and analyze learning and development metrics (e.g., participations, feedback, etc.)
- Support the administration of our learning platforms (Oracle Taleo and LinkedIn Learning)
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, or related (Master’s degree a plus)
- You have 2+ years’ experience in Performance/Talent Management, Learning/Talent Development, Organizational Development/Effectiveness, or a related field
- You have experience working with full life-cycle performance management
- You have experience with employee engagement survey and action planning
- You understand adult learning theory and instructional design methodology and have experience in designing and developing learning content
- You are comfortable challenging existing ideas and introducing new ideas and simplified ways of working
- You have intermediate to advanced skill in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Power BI, etc.)
- You have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills to communicate concisely and effectively
- You’re able to travel (up to 10-20%) as needed
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required.