The Communications Writing Associate will serve as a critical part of the Communications team, led by the Senior Manager of Strategic Communications, providing support and strategic direction for various high stakes projects and initiatives. The ideal candidate has exceptional writing and communication skills and will be able to work collaboratively with staff at all levels and across departments. Combining good project- and time-management skills and the ability to participate in the creation and production of digital content and features, the candidate is someone who possesses excellent knowledge of current education trends.
The individual is responsible for:
- Contributes to the execution and implementation of comprehensive communications strategies for programs and initiatives across the organization.
- Perform a variety of project management tasks that focus on tracking, and sometimes managing, key initiatives; includes establishing timelines and delegating assignments; coordinating project deliverables with other departments/divisions/consultants; and evaluating and updating project status for reporting and decision making, recommending adjustments.
- Draft, proofread, and edit correspondence, emails, presentations, and technical documents for both internal and external audiences.
- Undertake the development of internal and external presentations and materials, and the preparation of background reports on key topics.
- Review internal and external documents to assess risk and recommend mitigation tactics and strategies.
- Draft and review talking points, internal and external communications, FAQs and critical communications to various audiences.
- Perform a variety of administrative and support functions to ensure the strategic communications team remains aligned with departmental goals, planning, and budget.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
- Minimum of 4+ years of related work experience that requires project management skills, keen organizational skills, analytical skills and superior communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with a broad set of employees in collaborative fashion
- Superb writing skills, including proofreading and editing abilities
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks at once and with foresight and the ability to prioritize
- Organized and experienced in leading projects forward with unfailing attention to detail
- Ability to learn independently
- Can quickly synthesize and analyze complex information from multiple sources
- Demonstrated ability to exercise excellent political judgment and discretion
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to present information in a clear, compelling and concise way
- A background working in media relations or journalism is a plus
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at https://www.collegeboard.org/about/careers/job-listings
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.