Director, Digital Operations International Delivery
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director, Digital Operations International Delivery for our operation department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Director, Digital Operations International Delivery is responsible for leading a variety of different types of initiatives that involves the launching of new digital operational products and services targeted to the international market for the SAT Suite of Assessments. The Director will manage the vendor deliverable and core Operational objectives, ensuring successful delivery of new/modified International Digital Assessment Operations capability.
The Director must have a proven capability to plan and deliver complex cross-functional projects on-time, within budget, and with a high degree of collaboration. The Director will possess expertise in the areas of business analysis, data integration, project governance, strong interpersonal/communication skills, and use of appropriate systems and technologies
What you’ll do
- Coordinates major cross-product, multiple participant initiatives at a program level
- Leads the Operations activities from hand-off through planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing phases.
- Ensures all work under Ops management is well-defined and properly planned; includes thorough scope definition, activity and cost estimation, cost-budgeting, resourcing, scheduling, and identification of critical path work activities
- Has a proven track record of sound decision making in ambiguous or difficult situations?
- Strives for objective decision making and wherever possible finds or produces data to support significant decisions
- Excels at stakeholder management and possesses good listening, speaking, writing, and negotiating skills
- Ensures effective execution of risk, issue, action, and change management processes, to include timely decision making for risks and changes, timely issue resolution, and comprehensive action management
- Establishes, maintains, and executes an effective communications plan serving all stakeholder needs
- Strives to serve as a business partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Seeks to understand project inter-dependencies and develop project plans with a well-understood notion of inter-dependency risks
- Balances execution efficiency with risk mitigation. Develops and executes mitigation strategies, as appropriate
- Sets appropriate project milestones and tracks project deliverable against these milestones
- Ensures project work products and deliverable are version controlled and properly stored and managed
- Abides by, contributes to, and embraces change to project management processes in congruence with the College Board’s policies
- College Degree in engineering, operations, or related technical field.
- 7-10 years experience in software development project management.
- Must be comfortable working between business users and IT;
- familiar with common functions and terminology on both sides. Background in digital assessment delivery a plus.
- MBA or MS preferred
More about you
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Solid influencing skills; sound business and technical acumen
- Understanding of vendor capabilities, BT, and Ops capabilities is desired.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable and effective at leading and facilitating sizable cross-functional groups
- Highly organized with a predisposition toward action and production of results and outcomes
- Demonstrated history of self-learning and continuous professional development
- Experience managing projects with vendors from outside the organization is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated accountability for project deliverable from inception through closeout.
- Customer-center, service-oriented attitude
- Experience with requirements management and business process analysis and modeling is desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Office applications.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.