Director, Digital Testing Implementation
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director, Digital Testing Implementation for our Assessment Operations department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Director in this role will be part of the Digital Operations group working on tasks related to the implementation support needed for our customers offering the digital tests in the SAT Suite of Assessments. A key element of the role will be working closely with the digital stakeholders in Operations, IT, Sales, Marketing and Communications, Product/Program Leadership and Digital Transformation. The Director for Digital Testing Implementation will be responsible for:
- Developing, managing, and delivering a broad range of digital testing communications
- Coordinating field activities with state, district and school educators
- Defining and tracking pre administration milestones
- Resolving customer challenges with implementation activities
- Overseeing the execution of deliverable both by College Board and its test locations to ensure the successful delivery of the digital testing administrations.
Familiarity, knowledge, and experience working within the K-12 education space, as well as the ability to independently manage complex projects and tasks are critical skills required for this role.
What you’ll do
- A self-starter and take-charge individual with the ability to build relationships across diverse teams
- Highly collaborative and team oriented. Ability to both lead and participate in collaborative, flexible cross-functional teams
- Communicate digital testing requirements to state, district and school contacts and ensure schools understand digital test set-up and test administration policy and procedures
- Develop and deliver presentations related to the implementation milestones and key activities required by state, district, school and test administrators
- Manage training deployment for test administrators and technology coordinators through a combination of live and recorded webinars
- Create, manage and track communications being sent to schools
- Develop subject matter expertise on the digital testing platform and its tool sets and support software releases through User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities
- Support Program and Regional Office staff and their efforts to recruit test locations and sell digital test products and services
- Track issues and actions throughout the life cycle of the digital test implementation
- Communicate and escalate as appropriate, issues and risks and draft mitigation plans
- Facilitate resolutions to open items and issues. Work with College Board Customer Service and vendor Help Desk staff to resolve customer inquiries
- Ensure data is collected and reported accurately by effectively managing the data collection and reporting processes for the digital test administrations
- Review and approve communications and reports to ensure accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of five (5) years related work experience, K-12 educational technology, assessment industry, and/or K-12 School/State/Central office experience highly desired
- Demonstrated strong project management or implementation experience highly desired
- Track record of success executing and managing cross-functional projects
- Experience in education, testing and/or assessment fields is desired
- Experience creating and managing a project plan is desired
More about you
- Working knowledge of project planning and tracking software and other project management methodology tools
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Comfort with assessment software including new and emerging technologies
- Ability to foster trusting relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated presentation, writing and communication skills
- Flexibility and desire to quickly adapt to new methods, situations, and varied requirements
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to facilitate and manage issues to resolution by coordinating with stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate meetings and training workshops by providing clear agendas and meeting notes
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.