Digital Content Architect - Director, AP Digital Strategy
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a new position in the Advanced Placement program. This position may be remote or based at a College Board office.
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
About Advanced Placement® (AP)
With more than 34 courses and exams across multiple subject areas, Advanced Placement is the most widely accepted college-level academic program available to high school students. Each year, students around the world who want to achieve at the highest level become AP® students. Through AP’s college-level courses and exams, students can earn college credit and advanced placement, stand out in the college admission process, and learn from some of the most talented and inspiring teachers in the world. https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/what-is-ap
About the position
The AP Digital Content Architect is a vital member of the AP Digital Strategy and Product Development team, which is responsible for supporting the growing needs of AP students and educators with better tools and services. This director role leads the digital content strategy, management and transformation of digital tools like AP Classroom, a daily classroom tool supporting ~200,000 educators and ~3 million AP students around the world to build college knowledge and skills.
What you’ll do
- Lead digital content and personalization strategies supporting all students, teachers, and school systems at scale
- Inform AP’s taxonomies, content architecture and content strategy, which support AP curriculum frameworks, detailed course-specific metadata, and thousands of multi-media assessment items and instructional assets
- Evaluate, improve, and oversee content management systems and processes, working closely with content and software developers across multiple vendors and teams to efficiently and flexibly publish in multiple formats
- Optimize the import and exchange of content between systems via XML and JSON and other standard formats
- Improve digital content requirements and technologies to embed AP tools into the school systems we serve
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years experience in education technology
- Experience driving content architecture, content management, technical requirements, and best practices
- Expertise with XML, JSON, and other content exchange formats
- Familiarity with agile development and product management
More about you
- Committed to expanding educational opportunity and motivated by serving students and educators
- Excited to learn AP taxonomies, and ideally have experience managing curriculum frameworks and standards
- Knowledgeable about item and metadata publishing for assessments delivered in digital and paper-based formats
- Comfortable translating and defining requirements with content and software developers and diverse stakeholders
- Clear, compelling and persuasive in your communications and documentation
- Solution- and detail-oriented and enjoy finding ways to achieve quality and efficiency
- A team player eager to trouble-shoot challenges, share your knowledge, and learn from others
- Adaptable, diligent and autonomous
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.