Senior Director, Test Security – Score Validity
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Senior Director will lead dedicated team to investigate score validity concerns, manage case load for such cases through adherence to defined processes and tracking such cases overall for reporting efficiency, quality and cost management of the score validity process for all administrations of the SAT. This individual will provide strategic direction and support for the transition of the score validity process, including coordination and leadership within the cross-functional transition team and internal stakeholders (Program, Legal, Communications, Operations, International and other internal teams) as well as lead transition efforts on behalf of the Test Security team directly with College Board vendors. This individual will be responsible for ensuring appropriate training and management of team members, tracking performance and operational success metrics for management of score validity cases and providing strategic input through data-driven reports and feedback to continuously improve the score validity process as well as influence programmatic policies and protocols to prevent and detect score validity concerns.
What you’ll do
- Lead dedicated team managing ongoing score validity investigations to resolution, including timely and thorough management of caseload, supporting communications (written and phone) with students, parents and student representatives regarding scores under review and providing feedback on relevant legal requirements, policies, processes and protocols related to preventing and identifying, investigating and managing score validity concerns.
- Promote the inclusion of test security elements in the operational implementation for all College Board testing programs and platforms, especially as it relates to the investigation into the validity of individual student scores.
- Exercise leadership, tenacity, and solution-orientation in the investigation of high-profile security incidents working with legal counsel and the testing program management team.
- Coordinate cross-functional tasks across internal and external parties when test security incidents occur, including providing subject-matter expertise on internal and external communications, making and vetting investigative outcome recommendations and managing sensitive data and urgent timelines.
- Establish key performance metrics for operational and tactical test security functions, including tracking and reporting related metrics.
- Assume primary responsibility for data management within the Test Security team’s case management system for management of assigned caseload and ensuring appropriate tracking and reporting of score validity case status metrics for leadership.
- Understand and influence use of data forensics and data algorithms to detect patterns of aberrance to investigate and address test security concerns.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the latest technological advances and emerging best practices related to test security and ensure their incorporation in planning and implementation for College Board assessments.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 7+ years of progressively responsible work experience.
- Strong investigative and problem-solving affinity, and excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and manage security risks.
- High-level of organizational and time management skills including the capacity to manage others and to prioritize and manage competing projects and changing expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor and experience handling escalated customer calls and requests and presenting analyses, insights and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner.
- Experience with organizational transformation, including management and oversight of mutli-layered projects and development and implementation of effective operating models in large-scale complex organizations; experience in the assessment industry preferred.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.