Test Security Specialist
About the College Board
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Associate Director, Test Security will be responsible for the tactical-level management of investigations into individual student score validity concerns for the SAT in accordance with a defined and documented investigation and review process to determine whether there is substantial evidence to question the validity of the student’s scores. This individual will manage cases identified for each administration of the SAT through thorough review and understanding of statistical evidence, test day reports and physical evidence available from the test event as well as managing communications with students, parents and other student representatives (attorneys, counselors and other educators) to resolve such cases. This individual will work as part of a team to analyze evidence and make student score review case determinations and manage such cases to resolution promptly and consistently with legal requirements as well as College Board standards and policies
What you’ll do
- As a critical member of the Test Security team, assist in investigating and assessing individual student scores to determine whether there is substantial evidence to question the validity of such scores.
- Provide primary oversight of ongoing score validity investigations to resolution, including timely and thorough management of caseload, supporting communications (written and phone) with students, parents and student representatives regarding scores under review and providing feedback on relevant policies, processes and protocols related to preventing and identifying, investigating and managing score validity concerns.
- Assume primary responsibility for data management within the Test Security team’s case management system for management of assigned caseload and ensuring appropriate tracking and reporting of case status metrics for Test Security team leadership.
- Coordinate cross-functional tasks across internal and external parties when test security incidents occur, including providing subject-matter expertise on internal and external communications, making and vetting investigative outcome recommendations for score validity cases and influencing other large-scale investigations and managing sensitive data and urgent timelines.
- Tracking and reporting key performance metrics for operational and tactical test security functions, including tracking and reporting related metrics (internal and from security vendors).
- Understand and influence use of data forensics and data algorithms to detect patterns of aberrance to investigate and address test security concerns.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the latest technological advances and emerging best practices related to test security and ensure their incorporation in planning and implementation for College Board assessments
- Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred; 5+ years of progressively responsible work experience in investigative, law enforcement and/or operational capacities.
- Strong investigative and problem-solving affinity with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and manage security risks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor in domestic and international locations, whether operating as part of a team or on your own, and experience handling emotional customer calls and requests.
- High level of organizational and time management skills including the capacity to manage competing priorities and changing expectations.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team to develop solutions in collaboration with others. Foreign language proficiency (reading and speaking) preferred
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.