Collections and Billing Coordinator
We are a mission focused organization that believes that investing in education is investing in the future. From our earliest days, we have devoted ourselves to educational opportunity and achievement. We have promoted innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. We are advocates for children and parents; we empower teachers and educators; and we are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through programs and services - the SAT, Advanced Placement (AP®) and Pre-AP are just few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities and Advocacy.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The College Board is looking for a positive, upbeat, Billing & Collections Specialist. Candidate should enjoy working in a collection’s role, embrace problem solving, and possess a great customer service attitude. Primary responsibilities include collections outreach, billing, researching/posting adjustments, and providing customer service. As a key player in a small team, candidate should look forward to opportunities to multi-task and assist other team members.
- Review open accounts for collections outreach
- Make outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Resolve client-billing problems in a timely manner
- Billing duties to include but not limited to; prepare and issue invoices, including calculating customer discounts; review organizational billing practices to ensure invoice accuracy within contractual terms; keeping customer files updated with current invoices, and contact information
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements
- Mail correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts
- Generate invoices according to schedule/contract
- Prepare Excel reports
- Sort, organize, and summarize large volumes of data in MS Excel
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 1- 2 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office particularly using advanced features of MS Excel
- Experience in a telecommunications environment is preferred but not required
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a timely manner
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable, Billing, and/or Account Resolutions
- 1-2 years’ with corporate collections
- Proficiency with CRM software
- Advanced user with Microsoft products, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of financial software
- Proven history of dependability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and proven track record of working independently
- Experience with Lawson Accounting Software is a plus
- Basic accounting knowledge
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.