Senior Director, Strategic and Financial Planning
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Director, Strategic and Financial Planning for our Finance & Strategy department. This position is based in our New York, NY office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Strategic and Financial Planning director is responsible for analyzing and understanding business dynamics across all units. He or she will develop models that explain the dynamics of College Board products and drive key decisions about the allocation of resources. A particular focus will be identifying revenue and cost.
The Senior Director is an individual with intense intellectual curiosity, analytical, organized and powerful quantitative skills.
The College Board is driven by its mission to clear a path for students to own their futures. To achieve this mission, the College Board depends on revenues from diverse products (assessments, courses, textbooks, college enrollment tools) and a budget of more than $800 million.
- Create and manage complex financial models in excel that support strategic and financial planning across divisions, business units, and product lines. Such models will play a key role in forecasting and decision-making.
- Collaborate with Executive Director on business units and product lines performance review and analysis
- Track, analyze external market data and provide competitive insights
- Provide statistics and trend analysis on demographics and any other macroeconomic data relevant to CB
- Define metrics to monitor and predict the financial performance of programs and units across the organization. Develop systems to track these performance metrics.
- Support Executive Director on creating compelling, and concise presentations for the Board of Trustees, the CEO, theCOO, and the Executive Leadership Team.
- You have an MBA or other advanced degree, or comparable training through consulting or investment banking, plus a minimum of five years of relevant and progressive experience.
- You are skilled at using financial models to develop unexpected insights
- You excel at collaborating with colleagues
- You are a gifted simplifies and have a strategic mindset
- You are highly customer-driven.
- You have outstanding quantitative skills.
- You have a deep commitment to expanding educational opportunity to all students.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.