Cloud Engineer (AWS, Analysis & Testing)
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Cloud Engineer for our IT department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
What you’ll do
As a Cloud Engineer, the ideal candidate will have strong information analysis, testing and Amazon Web Services technical skills.
The candidate will work with key business stakeholders and Information Technology (IT) staff to support the organization’s efforts in the areas of enterprise data management and services.
The candidate will have responsibility to gather requirements, design, test, document and support complex technical software solutions.
- Assist in the development lifecycle of full stack solutions and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the CB IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality.
- Develop subject matter expertise in College Board Enterprise data and use that expertise to support College Readiness Assessment program.
- Communicate with and understand business goals and requirements, and work to create data solutions that add value to the business and are relatively easy to operate.
- Be responsible for complex software development efforts, managing small sections of ongoing projects and closely adhering to deadlines.
- Define requirements, create design specifications, test, and prepare technical documentation.
- Performs system quality assurance testing and automated test development.
- Identify data dependencies and/or relationships, create data flow and system activity diagrams, and write specifications for managing enterprise information.
- Develop automation framework for regression testcases for microservices
- Provide expert support and guidance in the areas of performance, stress, usability testing and test automation
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- 5 – 10 plus years of experience in requirements analysis, quality assurance, software systems and database development
- Demonstrated experience with full stack development with AWS cloud supported projects.
- Strong ability to explain advanced data concepts to both database developers and architects, and non-technical end users
- Experienced in data extraction and analysis utilizing available AWS Cloud applications/tools to query and extract data as needed for reporting analysis/development or for customer delivery
- Ability to understand business needs and translate them into technical specifications
- Experience in developing requirements for business intelligence, master data management and functional-data projects.
- Strong experience with functional, integration, and regression testing techniques in validating data domain and web-based applications in a multi-tier environment
- Demonstrated experience with AWS Lambda, Node JS, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, RDS and DynamoDB
More about you
- Mastery of data management concepts and best practices, as well as an ability to become a SME in College Board and education data
- Expertise in understanding and writing SQL
- Ability to use or learn: KMS, ALB/ELB, Route 53, Docker Containers, MFA,
- Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as: AWS Codestar, Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, BitBucket, Artifactory
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced experience in process analysis and documentation.
- Strong organizational skills
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.