Associate Director, K-12 - New Mexico
This is a 5-year term position, renewable based on contract
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Associate Director, K-12 - New Mexico who will be a key member of the Southwestern Regional State and District Partnerships team.
About your role
Based in New Mexico, the associate director is responsible for the overall sales and service for district partnerships and may provide support to state-level work. Utilizing a consultative sales approach and data from a variety of sources to accomplish the work, the associate director develops and maintains relationships with members of the K-12 community aligned to strategic goals to deliver opportunity to students.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with state leads on development of strategies and complete assigned tasks related to state strategy.
- Identify key influencers in assigned districts connected to USS plans/strategies. Develop and implement strategies to build and maintain relationships in consultation with RVP/Chief/Manager
- Understand key K12 education issues relevant to College Board work in the state.
- Overall management of district relationships with assigned Top 250, Strategic, and Tier 2 districts.
- Develop account strategy and manage service model implementation in consultation with manager.
- Utilize consultative sales process in developing deep K-12 relationships.
- Plan and conduct in-depth, comprehensive and/or standard workshops and professional development programs for various constituents including administrators, counselors, teachers, students/parents, and community members. May also customize workshops with support of manager.
- Manage all aspects of contracting process and implementation of contracted services/programs with support of manager.
- Serve as a representative of the region on regional projects as assigned by the K12 Executive Director or RVP.
- Lead or manage activities related to membership and governance including Regional Councils and Regional Forums as assigned by RVP, K12 Executive Director, or ROD
- Execute targeted strategies to meet program/revenue goals.
Data and Reports
- Utilize Salesforce (CRM) for account management and to monitor progress toward individual goals.
- Utilize various College Board sources to access, compile, and analyze data to support work with districts and to identify the best appropriate data sources to use in different situations.
- Independently conduct standard data analysis at district and/or school level and make recommendations based on findings to inform district decisions
Maintains contact with staff within the region and department in order to collaborate to produce work, delegate work assignments, and to ensure that performance is meeting set goal.
Establishes and maintains deep relationships with leadership and key decision makers in assigned accounts.
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree. Five years or more of directly related, progressively responsible work experience in a professional position in education or a related field.
Direct experience in assessment, curriculum, and student achievement initiatives is highly desirable.
More about you
Willingness & ability to travel as necessary
Possess a passion for education and a deep commitment to the College Board’s mission of promoting educational equity, access, and excellence for students of all backgrounds.
Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
Ability to identify and meet the needs of districts
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with senior level administrators
Experience analyzing data and conducting presentations utilizing data
Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) and consultative sales tools
Strong verbal and written communication skills, including oral presentation/public speaking skills
Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications
Ability to work collaboratively and open to coaching
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to view or current opportunities at https://www.collegeboard.org/about/careers/job-listings.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted. This position will be subject to a background check.
The College Board is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity and its programs, services and employment policies are guided by that principle.