Senior Director, SAT Suite Outreach & Implementation
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Director, SAT Suite Outreach & Implementation for our Operations department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Senior Director is a part of the Outreach and Implementation team in Assessment Operations group, accountable for implementing state and large district implementations of the SAT Suite of Assessments. They will:
Manage large-scale end-to-end assessment implementations in conjunction with the SDP field team including managing, planning, scheduling, communicating, facilitating, monitoring, controlling, and reporting project-related tasks to ensure timely and successful assessment system implementation in accordance with requirements. Must have ability to work with senior level leaders in the state, district and within the College Board.
Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of comprehensive plans and protocols to meet the needs of States and Districts and to achieve the divisional and corporate program goals. Must work across College Board teams to integrate customer requirements and deliver exceptional customer experience.
Support program leadership to increase the adoption, delivery and perceptions of SAT & PSAT/NMSQT products and services both internally (with the various service units and governing councils/committees) and externally (States, Districts, Schools, Legislators).
What you’ll do
The Outreach & Implementation Senior Director, Implementation will be the primary contact for the customer and accountable for leading large-scale end-to-end assessment implementations at the state and/or district level. They will formulate and implement comprehensive short- and long-term strategies and plans to deliver SAT and PSAT/NMSQT program products and services to States and Districts. The Senior Director will define customer experience and delivery requirements for success. And work closely with all stakeholders, including Assessment Product Managers, Operations, IT and SDP to meet customer needs and program goals while delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Lead and facilitate status meetings with external and internal stakeholders and act as point of escalation for teams.
- Demonstrate strong communication and decision-making skills and have the ability to lead and manage integrated initiatives.
- Act as SAT and PSAT subject matter expert to provide guidance to state customers.
- Act as the voice of the customer during policy, process, and solutioning discussions.
- Work closely with the Implementation and Outreach Project Manager to meet project schedule and budget.
- Contribute to business case development and updates.
- Communicate formally and informally to stakeholders at all levels, including senior management.
- Develop/contribute training materials for use in all states on SAT, PSAT, and accommodations processes. Lead training sessions as needed with customers.
- Manage wiki site and documentation for internal and internal documentation.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent.
- Minimum seven years or more implementation or management experience.
- Excellent communications skills - must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing including direct, concise executive communications skills.
- Demonstrated track record of success managing cross-functional projects.
- Expertise across a variety of operational areas such as assessment development, customer service, fulfillment, training, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with State level contract implementation is a plus.
More about you
- A self-starter and take-charge individual with the ability to build relationships across
- Highly collaborative and team oriented. Ability to both lead and participate in collaborative, flexible cross-functional teams.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible, cooperative work style; ability to reprioritize as warranted.
- Analytical thinker able to quickly dissect issues and challenges.
- Detail oriented with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Highly user and customer focused.
- Willingness and ability to travel
- This position will be subject to a background check.
- The College Board is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity and its programs, services and employment policies are guided by that principle.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.