The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. The Executive Assistant provides comprehensive administrative support to the Chief Risk Officer & General Counsel, as well as key members of the Risk Management Division. Collaborates with colleagues in and outside of the organization on behalf of Chief Risk Officer & General Counsel and the Division
The Executive Assistant (EA) in the Risk Management Division will provide comprehensive administrative support primarily to the Chief Risk Officer & General Counsel (CRO), who oversees the Risk Management Division. The EA will report to the Division’s Senior Director, Special Projects and provide administrative support to other key members of the Division as well. The Risk Management Division includes teams working in test security, legal, information security, and accessibility, all focused on protecting the organization and preserving its mission.
What you’ll do
- Manage the CRO’s calendar daily – schedule meetings; remind the CRO of meeting times to keep him on schedule; adjust meeting times, locations, and attendees; and respond swiftly to meeting requests from colleagues in and outside the organization
- Arrange travel for the CRO, and other key members of the Division – through our travel agency, book flights, trains, and hotels; be readily available to troubleshoot travel issues as they arise; create itineraries, when needed
- Enter and submit expense reports with speed and accuracy
- Track and ensure payment of invoices for outside law firms – acknowledge their receipt; guide them through internal approvals; and track details for reporting purposes
- Help the CRO with daily needs – troubleshooting IT issues and/or obtaining IT support; periodically picking up the CRO’s lunch; printing, filing, and shredding; and other miscellaneous tasks
- Proactively plan the CRO’s travel schedule – in advance, schedule and plan for conferences, College Board office visits or meetings, holidays, etc.
- Complete ongoing administrative tasks in a timely and accurate fashion – help the CRO approve his direct reports’ time cards, track and keep the CRO abreast of his direct reports’ vacation and sick time, prompt and assist in the on-boarding of new Risk Management employees, and more
- Give general administrative support to colleagues in the Division – answer questions, find solutions, help solve problems with a positive service-orientation and sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive customer service orientation and experience; desire and willingness to help with requests of all shapes and sizes
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the position; a dependable, reliable, and trustworthy colleague
- Outstanding administrative, organizational, and computer skills; expert use of MS Office Suite and willingness to learn other software
- Can work quickly and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously with sense of urgency; must be confident in this ability
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential information and exhibit a high degree of professionalism
We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes up to four weeks of paid time off each year, comprehensive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, ongoing professional development and training, and more.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required.