Senior Technical Corporate Recruiter
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Senior Technical Corporate Recruiter for our HR department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The technical recruiter acts as an internal Talent Acquisition resource to hiring managers in the Reston Office managing the full life-cycle recruitment of non-exempt and exempt staff as assigned. In this role, the technical recruiter is responsible for working with HR and other College Board managers to provide several key functions and processes in the HR department including recruitment, payroll, salary administration, timekeeping, position management, and benefits administration.
The technical recruiters, uses best practices to manage full life-cycle recruitment and represents the College Board with professionalism and credibility to candidates, vendors and other external parties. As an individual contributor, the technical recruiter takes pride in successfully managing numerous and varied recruitment assignments and other HR projects simultaneously with ease.
The technical recruiter, tracks activities in the development, tracking and analysis of HR data and will provide reports on a regular and ad hoc basis to the Human Resources management. In addition, the technical recruiter will play a key role in handling the on and off-boarding process for Reston office staff.
- Manage full lifecycle recruitment assigned exempt and non-exempt positions including partnering with hiring managers, developing recruitment and sourcing strategies, crafting recruitment advertisements and job posting within HR guidelines, screening resumes; coordinating interviews; advising hiring managers through the recruitment and hiring process; administering employment tests and assessments; communicating with candidates in a timely fashion; conducting references; extending and negotiating offers; maintaining recruitment status reports and metrics.
- Responsible for the overall candidate experience; will be expected to deliver a high quality, timely and positive experience, representing the organization, our culture, and competencies.
- Maintain open requisitions and all pertinent applicant and interview data to comply with OFCCP/AA Guidelines in the applicant tracking system on a timely basis
- Manages a process that includes creative and cost-effective candidate sourcing; behavioral interviewing; interview scheduling, video-conferencing and web interviewing; engaging candidates and communicating in a timely fashion; conducting references; setting salaries and closing offers; maintaining recruitment status reports and metrics.
- Build and maintains pipelines and networks of applicants in various functions, paying special attention to building a pipeline of diverse candidates.
- Coaches managers and staff in the areas of recruitment and promotion, according to HR policies and procedures; advises managers on salary guidelines to maintain internal equity throughout the organization. Processes salary and status changes, reclassifications, promotions, disability and other leave requests. Provide guidance to staff and managers in relation to Board policies, employee benefits plans, payroll processes, performance management, and employee relations issues, working with HR managers as necessary
- Maintains consistency of employment branding in recruitment advertisements. Monitors recruitment expenses and consults with managers on strategies to improve results while reducing expenditures.
- Manages the full onboarding process for employees. This includes working with managers to ensure that all necessary paperwork and online forms are completed in a timely manner, leading initial benefits orientation for staff, assisting with online benefits enrollment processes, and ensuring all required employee information is accurately provided to headquarters and appropriate files are maintained locally.
- Lead and assist with the off-boarding process for employees. This includes working with managers to ensure that all necessary paperwork and online forms are completed in a timely manner, providing or coordinating exit interviews for staff, and processing required notifications to various departments include IT, and facilities.
- Maintain up-to-date position information including job descriptions and up to date position records. Provide guidance to managers during the backfill process, to include maintaining up to date staff data records and reports.
- Lead and assist with various HR-related special projects and develop clear and concise reports, presentations and framework documents on an ongoing or on an ad hoc basis. These are often highly confidential and/or urgent. Special projects may include leading the summer internship and Year Up Intern partnership programs to include planning program seminars and presentations; sourcing and placing interns; communicating with sponsoring managers, and following-up to ensure a successful experience for both the intern and the sponsoring department.
Provides overall HR related support to all Board staff as needed. Maintains regular contact with managers within the HR various units including Benefits, Compensation, and Recruitment and key staff in other departments (Payroll, Finance, and IT), as well as with Senior Leaders in the various departments in the Reston Office for giving and receiving information, coordinating activities or scheduling.
Maintains contact with recruiting and staffing vendors, for purposes of obtaining information and reconciling records and/or errors.
BA or BS degree preferred. A minimum of four to seven years (Associate) and ten years (Director) of progressively responsible work experience in human resources or a related discipline required, including experience with full lifecycle recruitment
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write compelling recruitment advertisements
- Prior experience with Applicant Tracking System(s); Greenhouse preferred
- Computer literacy, including MS Office applications and experience with database systems
- Knowledge of HR principles and laws
- Must demonstrate the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment
- Strong team-oriented and collaborative nature
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Highly professional ability to maintain tact and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work independently in an effective and efficient manner
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.