The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Web Producer. This position is based in our New York City headquarters.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies in 2015, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. In this role you will work across a variety of digital web properties to deliver high-quality solutions to content and business needs form the organization.
As the Web Producer you are an organizer, tracker, and coordinator of projects of varying scope to ensure that results are delivered on time, of high quality, and meet business needs. You serve as the main point of contact for assigned requests and perform QA of assigned work; you are the link between the web production team and program staff for all projects you are involved with. You are a well-rounded professional who can execute on multiple concurrent projects but is deadline oriented. You adapt quickly to sudden project priority changes and can communicate effectively when your bandwidth is at risk. You are customer-focused, you can manage your own projects, and work well with staff across all levels. You are passionate about delivering innovative, high-quality web solutions. You love the web, you have a deep understanding of web development practices, content management systems, and have a track record for delivering front-end components for a complex web ecosystem.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with a cross-functional Scrum team to implement state-of-the-art web solutions.
- Oversees and take ownership of projects from conception through technical implementation.
- Effectively anticipate problems and proactively generates and analyzes solutions.
- Contribute to the overall quality of the unit's deliverables, enforcing our brand and production standards.
- Understand, evaluate and provide constructive feedback and guidance to fine tune web content requests from product owner, program and department staff.
- Translate business needs of College Board programs into innovative and focused web solutions.
- Follow established coding and accessibility standards and other established group procedures.
- Coordinate with project management to ensure projects launch successfully.
- Responsible for understanding, evaluating and providing constructive feedback and guidance to fine tune web requests from program and department staff.
- Coordinate with cross-functional team of colleagues to ensure projects, necessary assets and materials are delivered or created on-time and on-budget.
- Coordinate with editors and content strategists to ensure consistency in style, tone and quality of work.
- Help organize a streamlined process for capturing requests, prioritizing open items and tracking time spent.
- Write documentation for project launches and conducts training sessions with program staff on new features and updates.
- Proactively collaborate with online marketing and analytics teams to ensure SEO best practices are implemented and preserved over a site’s lifetime.
- Between 4-6 years of directly related, progressively responsible work experience in producing and building websites using a wide variety of open source and proprietary content management systems.
- Strong, demonstrated experience in project management.
- Experience in working with blended teams of internal and freelance staff.
- Demonstrated experience working on an Agile Scrum team.
- Experience with accessible markup and accessibility testing as well as cross-browser testing using tools like Browserstack and browser developer tools (Chrome, FireFox, IE, others).
- Experience with Quality Assurance Testing.
- Experience with User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience with Drupal and other content management software.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Git, BitBucket, GitHub, SVN, and other version control tools.
- Strong customer service orientation, with an ability to clearly discern client needs.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible work style.
- Experience with manipulating electronic image formats for the web (TIFF, GIF, JPEG, SVG, and EPS), media formats (mp4, mp3, other open source video and audio formats), rich media formats (HTML5) and is skilled at basic photo editing, cropping and optimization.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- You exude a positive attitude and are an exceptional collaborator and team player who puts the success of the team and the organization first.
- You can work with ease among a diverse group of people, skills, abilities, and perspectives.
- You are a strong communicator with an ability to demonstrate both leadership and understanding with respect to project partners.
- You are highly adaptable to new information, situations, or challenges and can work independently.
- You like facing new challenges and thrive on opportunities to think creatively and come up with fresh approaches to tough business and operational problems.
- You have a solution-oriented approach to web production: the ability to consider both quality standards—a striving for excellence, as well as the real-world constraints of a project.
- You have a clear ability to forgo personal biases, and to delegate responsibilities to the most qualified partners to arrive at the ‘best’ solution possible.
- You have a strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and web development skills.
- You are fluent in industry standard web development frameworks and methodologies, including developing responsive web design for various screen sizes.
- You have a proven ability to deliver projects on time.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.