Associate Director, Human Resources Business Partner
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Associate /Director, Human Resources Business Partner for our HR department. This position is based in our San Juan, Puerto Rico office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Associate/Director, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) acts as an internal resource and delivers HR services to PRLAO employees. In this role, the Associate/Director is responsible for leadership of people related processes in a consistent manner including employee performance, communications, training, employee relations, and development. The role is also responsible for the development of local HR policies and processes and compliance with federal and local regulations.
What you will do:
- Work closely with our Puerto Rico Latin American operations on tactical and strategic HR issues including workforce planning, change leadership, learning and development, organizational design and budgeting.
- Consult with, provide guidance, and coach employees and managers on HR processes and programs and employee relations and performance management issues
- Lead talent management processes including driving execution of mid-year and year-end performance management (reporting, calibration of ratings) and employee development planning.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant U.S. and Puerto Rico employment and labor laws, regulations, policies and practices.
- Conduct or oversee employee relations investigations.
- Act as a liaison for employees on payroll & benefits issues
- Work with managers to enhance employee engagement and drive the engagement action planning process
- Lead new hire orientation and work with managers to ensure effective on-boarding and off-boarding.
- Lead, collaborate or contribute to projects with other HR team members
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Develop training materials and facilitate training sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s preferred.
- Bilingual is required (English and Spanish)
- 5+ years’ experience in an HR management, generalist, and/or business partnering role.
- Successful HR Generalist career with a well-rounded working knowledge of Puerto Rico and Latin America employment law, talent strategy, performance management, workforce planning, compensation, benefits, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner effectively as part of a team.
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship development skills with the ability to manage multiple key stakeholders across the organization.
- Experience objectively coaching employees and management through complex and difficult situations.
- History of working in a matrix environment helpful.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.